Turn ordinary green beans into a delicious weeknight side dish the whole family will love. These parmesan green beans will become one of your favorite vegetables using only a handful of ingredients.
A great way to make a vegetable delicious is to add cheese, of course. This parmesan green beans recipe is an easy recipe that can be on your dinner table in a flash. Serve with Air Fryer Chicken Thighs for a complete meal.
How to make parmesan green beans
First, trim the ends off of the green beans to remove any strings or damaged ends.
Spread the green beans on a sheet pan and season them with salt, pepper, oil. Spread them in an even layer and bake in the oven for about 12 minutes.
Now it's time to add the cheese and garlic. Then put them under the broiler for a few minutes to brown the cheese and this great side dish is served.
Easy Parmesan Green Beans
This post may contain affiliate links
- 1 Pound fresh green beans
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil, or olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Cloves fresh garlic, minced
- ½ Cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ¼ Cup Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Trim the ends of the green beans with kitchen shears or on a cutting board with a knife.
- Using a large baking sheet, pile the green beans in center of the sheet. Season with the avocado oil and salt, toss to coat. Spread the seasoned green beans into single layer on the sheet pan.
- Place green beens in already preheated oven and bake for about 12 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- In a small bowl, mix together the parmesan, mozzarella, and minced garlic. Use a spoon to sprinkle the mixture on top of the green beans.
- Heat broiler on high heat and place green beans in oven, making sure to watch closely. Broil until cheese is melted and becoming golden brown. This should take about 2 to 3 minutes, depending on your oven. Serve.
- I like to buy the pre-washed and trimmed French green beans (haricot verts) in the produce section of the grocery store. They are thinner and get nice and crispy in the oven.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.