You can have juicy and fall apart tender beef pot roast any day of the week with the help of an Electric Instant Pot Pressure Cooker! This easy pressure cooker pot roast with gravy will be a low carb family favorite!
This recipe for Pressure Cooker Pot Roast cannot get any easier…perfect for a busy mom! The Instant Pot is also perfect for a busy mom! Those super tender Instant Pot Ribs I made took 1 hour; that chili mac I made my kids took 10 minutes; this Whole Chicken took less than an hour, and this tender pot roast took an hour and a half. Perfect for when you forget to turn on the slow cooker. You can also cook meat from frozen! Seriously, the Instant Pot is my new BFF.
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
So lets get to this pressure cooker pot roast, shall we. First things first is you want to brown your roast on both sides. Did I forget to tell you the Instant Pot has a sauté function? How cool is that! So to sauté your roast you just need to select the sauté button on the instant pot and add some fat to the pot. I like to use Avocado Oil. Get all sides nice and brown then hit Cancel. Remove the roast from the pot and add your beef both. You want to scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pan or else the pot may have trouble coming to pressure.
Season your roast with the seasonings and then add your roast back to the pot and put the lid on it. Press the Manual button and set the time to 35 minutes. After the pot is brought up to pressure, the timer will start to count down. When the time is up, you want to let it release the pressure naturally. This takes about 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, you can release the rest of the pressure by flipping the knob.
If you want to use the juices to make a quick sauce, you can remove the pot roast, hit that sauté button again, and let your liquid come to a boil. Once reduced you can add a tsp of xanthan gum to thicken it up. I just recently started using xanthan gum to thicken sauces while keeping them low carb. I am definitely impressed! It is expensive at first but that bag will last you a very long time.
Serve up this delicious pressure cooker pot roast with some steamed broccolini or Microwave Cauliflower Rice.
Pressure Cooker Pot Roast
- Using your electric pressure cooker and the HI sauté setting, brown the roast on both sides and remove from pan
- Add beef broth and scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pot
- Add the roast back to the pot and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika.
- Lock the lid on the pot, press the "Meat" setting and adjust until the time reads 35 minutes.
- When the time is up, let the pressure release naturally, about 15 minutes. If the pot hasn't released all of the pressure after 15 minutes, do a quick release to release the rest of the pressure.
- Remove the roast from the pan and put the pot back on HI sauté. Bring to a boil
- Sprinkle the xanthan gum on top and whisk to combine. Let simmer until thickened.
- Season with salt to taste
- You want to scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the Instant pot after you brown the meat or else the pot may have trouble coming to pressure.
⭐ Did you make this Pressure Cooker Pot Roast Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer