Juicy, tender, full of flavor, ribs in about an hour! Instant Pot ribs cannot be beat! Serve them with my chipotle lime slaw for the best weeknight meal!
BBQ Instant Pot Ribs and low carb slaw are one of my most favorite dinners. The combination of the slaw and the barbecue sauce is one of the best bites in the world, in my humble opinion.
I love making instant pot ribs! They were actually the first thing that I made in my instant pot back when I got it last year. They are absolutely amazing and you will never have ribs as tender as these. The second thing I made was Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs!
I don't miss the smoke flavor in these Instant Pot ribs that I would get from a smoker. I also don't miss the all day affair that is smoking ribs. But, you can definitely put these in the smoker for a short time to give them that smoky flavor.
Whenever I pick up any barbecue sauce on the shelf these days, they are loaded with so many carbs! I chose to make my own because, 1. It was easy and 2. I had all of the ingredients on hand.
If you don't feel like making your own sauce, there are lots of options out there for sugar-free sauces. This barbecue sauce is not as sticky sweet as the ones that you fine on the shelf but, I like that you can actually taste other flavors than just sticky sweet.
The rub I used for my Instant Pot ribs is this one right here. You can find it at Sam's Club for much cheaper. I really like it because it is low in carbs but adds a lot of flavor. You could definitely make your own but since I was making my own barbecue sauce I decided to take the easy route on the rub.
Instant Pot Ribs
This post may contain affiliate links
for the Ribs
- 1 rack pork back ribs
- BBQ dry rub
- 1 cup water
for the sauce
for the slaw
- ½ pound tri-color shredded cabbage
- ½ cup Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayo
- 2 tablespoon Lemon juice
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the silver skin from the back side of the ribs
- sprinkle dry rub all over ribs and rub in
- add 1 cup of water to Instant Pot and add trivet
- place ribs in Instant Pot on top of trivet
- close lid and set to sealing
- set timer to manual 35 minutes
- allow for 10 minute natural pressure release when cooking time is done
- release the rest of the pressure via "quick release"
- combine all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl or mason jar and whisk to combine
- combine all of the slaw ingredients in a medium size bowl
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.
⭐ Did you make this Instant Pot Ribs recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer