BBQ Instant Pot Ribs and low carb slaw are one of my most favorite dinners. The combination of the slaw and the barbecue sauce is one of the best bites in the world, in my humble opinion.
I love making instant pot ribs! They were actually the first thing that I made in my instant pot back when I got it last year. They are absolutely amazing and you will never have ribs as tender as these. The second thing I made was Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs!
I don’t miss the smoke flavor in these Instant Pot ribs that I would get from a smoker. I also don’t miss the all day affair that is smoking ribs. But, you can definitely put these in the smoker for a short time to give them that smoky flavor.
Whenever I pick up any barbecue sauce on the shelf these days, they are loaded with so many carbs! I chose to make my own because, 1. It was easy and 2. I had all of the ingredients on hand.
If you don’t feel like making your own sauce, there are lots of options out there for sugar-free sauces. This barbecue sauce is not as sticky sweet as the ones that you fine on the shelf but, I like that you can actually taste other flavors than just sticky sweet.
The rub I used for my Instant Pot ribs is this one right here. You can find it at Sam’s Club for much cheaper. I really like it because it is low in carbs but adds a lot of flavor. You could definitely make your own but since I was making my own barbecue sauce I decided to take the easy route on the rub.
One thing I am really loving right now are Primal Kitchen products. I love their ranch dressing, avocado oil, mayo, chipotle lime mayo…pretty much anything they make, lol! I used the chipotle lime mayo to make my slaw. I would normally never buy anything “chipotle” because I am a weenie when it comes to spicy foods. This mayo only has a little bit of spice which I really like!
HOW TO MAKE RIBS IN THE INSTANT POT:
- 1 rack pork back ribs
- BBQ dry rub
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 pound tri-color shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup Primal Kitchen Chipotle Lime Mayo
- 2 Tbsp Lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the silver skin from the back side of the ribs
- sprinkle dry rub all over ribs and rub in
- add 1 cup of water to Instant Pot and add trivet
- place ribs in Instant Pot on top of trivet
- close lid and set to sealing
- set timer to manual 35 minutes
- allow for 10 minute natural pressure release when cooking time is done
- release the rest of the pressure via "quick release"
- combine all of the sauce ingredients in a bowl or mason jar and whisk to combine
- combine all of the slaw ingredients in a medium size bowl
⭐ Did you make this Instant Pot Ribs recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer