Use your oven to make perfect pork ribs every time! This oven baked ribs recipe means no grill or smoker necessary to make melt in your mouth BBQ ribs.
We have a grill and a smoker, and I know how to use both…but sometimes I just don’t feel like soaking wood chips and going in and out of the house all day to tend to some BBQ ribs. I love this recipe for Easy Oven Baked Ribs for that very reason!
BAKED PORK RIBS
When I make ribs, it’s always pork ribs. There are different types of pork ribs such as baby back ribs, spareribs, and St. Louis style ribs. This recipe will work for every type of pork ribs…the cook time will just be longer for larger racks of ribs.
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
HOW TO BAKE RIBS
Before you get started with baking the ribs, you need to remove the silver skin from the back of the rack. The silver skin is a tough layer of skin on the bony side of the rack.
Here is a great video showing how to remove the silver skin:
After removing that tough skin, pat the ribs dry and then apply the dry rub on all sides of the ribs. I used my own BBQ Rib Rub which I think is pretty darn good. It uses common kitchen ingredients.
Make sure you pat the rub into the meat so it forms a nice crust.
To bake these ribs, were going to place them on a rack, and were going to bake them for about 2 hours. Halfway through the baking we are going to wrap them with foil so they don’t dry out.
This was a smaller rack of ribs and 2 hours was the perfect time. For larger racks, you would need to let them go for 3 hours.
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN THE RIBS ARE DONE?
I like to poke a knife or a toothpick in the thickest part of the ribs. If it slides in with no resistance, the ribs are done.
Now its time to sauce them up! I remove the foil, layer on the BBQ sauce, and put them under the broiler until the sauce starts to bubble. About 5 minutes.
Then I add another layer of sauce and cut the ribs. The easiest way to know where to cut the ribs is to have the bony side up. Then you can see where all of the bones are and I just cut between each one.
Easy Oven Baked Ribs
- Pre-heat the oven to 300F. Remove the ribs from the packaging and carefully remove the silver skin.
- Prepare a baking sheet with a rack, and you can line the baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup. Place the ribs on the rack and coat the ribs with the rub on all sides. Be sure to pat the run in to form a crust.
- Cook the ribs in the oven for 2-3 hours. For small racks, like baby backs, 2 hours should be sufficient. Halfway through cooking, carefully wrap the rack with foil.
- When the ribs are finished cooking, a knife or a toothpick should pierce the thickest part of the ribs with ease. Remove the foil.
- Set the oven broiler to HI. Coat all sides of the ribs with BBQ sauce and place back in the oven for 5 minutes, or until the sauce starts to bubble.
- Let rest for 10 minutes and serve with extra sauce on the side.
⭐ Did you make this Easy Oven Baked Ribs Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer