Flavorful chorizo mixed with ground beef makes this cheese stuffed Mexican meatloaf taste amazing! A perfect beef and pork meatloaf.
Related: I get all of my grass fed beef and pasture raised chicken from Butcher Box. Read my honest review here.
This Keto Meatloaf Stuffed with Cheese will knock your tastebuds out with its amazing flavor! Using budget friendly pork chorizo with the beef really packs a flavor punch!
I have to say, I squealed when I cut into this Mexican meatloaf. The melty cheese immediately started oozing out and just looked absolutely amazing!
Meatloaf is that classic American dinner that is so comforting and homey. I can’t imagine a kid not growing up with memories of mom bringing meatloaf to the table with a big pile of mashed potatoes! Use cauliflower mash now, of course.
This pork and beef meatloaf though. It is to. die. for. and so easy on your wallet! By using chorizo as half of the meat instead of all ground beef, we have brought down the cost a bit. I’m all for that!
This Mexican meatloaf recipe was really the brainchild of having some chorizo in the fridge that needed to be used. I had bought ground beef for meatloaf, but it wasn’t going to be this amazing meatloaf. It was going to be boring meatloaf. I am so glad I had that chorizo because this is seriously amazing and a new favorite!
Keto meatloaf needs a binder, and in most meatloaf recipes that would be breadcrumbs. Luckily, coconut flour or almond flour resemble fine breadcrumbs and are the perfect binders for this cheesy Mexican meatloaf recipe.
But for this keto meatloaf recipe, you can use either almond or coconut flour as a binder or you can use breadcrumbs.
I stuffed this meatloaf with cheddar cheese which adds to the wow factor when you cut into it! After I pressed half of the Mexican meatloaf mixture into the pan, I used a block of mild cheddar cheese and I cut 6 ounces of it into chunks and put it down the middle leaving about an inch on each side.
Then I put the rest of the meatloaf mixture on top and pressed it down.
Just look at that amazing cheese! After the meatloaf came out of the oven, I let it rest for about 10 minutes, then I served it with jarred salsa.
⭐ Did you make this Mexican Cheesy Meatloaf recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Keto Meatloaf Stuffed with Cheese
- 1 lb Ground beef (I used 80/20)
- 1 lb Ground Chorizo
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Coconut flour or 1 cup Almond flour (click here to see my favorite brand)
- ¼ Red onion, minced (optional)
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tablespoon Garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon Onion powder
- ½ tablespoon Smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 6 oz Mild or sharp cheddar cheese block, cut into chunks
- ½ cup Salsa
- pre-heat oven to 350F
- Mix all ingredients, except cheese and salsa, together in a large bowl
- add half of the meatloaf mixture to a loaf pan and press into the bottom (if you don't have a loaf pan big enough, then you can form the mixture into a loaf shape on a sheet pan)
- Place the cheese into the center of the loaf pan, leaving about an inch on all sides.
- add the rest of the meatloaf to the pan and press it down to compress it slightly.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until an internal thermometer reads 165F
- Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes. Serve with salsa.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
- If you are not too keen on chorizo, just use more ground beef or even ground pork!
- You could use mild cheddar, sharp cheddar, or medium cheddar. Whichever you prefer
- Don't over work the meatloaf mixture or your meatloaf will be dense.
- Using a loaf pan helps the meatloaf keep its shape. You could also form it into a loaf shape on a foil lined sheet pan.