This honey mustard broiled salmon recipe is a delicious dish that combines the natural richness of salmon with the tangy sweetness of a honey mustard glaze. The recipe can be made in under 20 minutes and can be keto friendly!
Salmon is not only a delicious seafood delicacy but also a nutritional powerhouse, rich in omega-3 fatty acids and high-quality protein. When it comes to cooking salmon, one method that stands out for its simplicity and ability to bring out the natural flavors is broiling.
This honey mustard broiled salmon recipe is packed with flavor and can be on your dinner table in less than 20 minutes thanks to this quick cooking method. That makes it perfect for weeknights!
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for this broiled salmon recipe, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For a printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
oil for greasing the pan or foil - you can use any oil you like, such as avocado oil or olive oil, or a spray oil to grease the pan so the salmon doesn't stick. If you use aluminum foil, you will want to oil that as well.
4 fresh or frozen salmon fillets that have been thawed - I like to buy frozen salmon fillets. For me, the thicker the better because they stay tender, juicy, and not dry. You can use skin-on or skinless. Your choice.
3 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
3 tablespoons honey (use a honey substitute for keto) - Here is a link to the keto honey substitute I use.
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
How to make the best broiled salmon
This section explains how to make this honey mustard salmon recipe, step by step. For a full printable recipe, see the recipe card below.
Preheat the oven to high broil and position the oven rack in the upper ⅓ of the oven, about 6 inches from the upper heating element. Grease a 10x15 sheet pan with oil or cooking spray. Note: you do not want to use parchment paper as it can ignite under the broiler.
In a small bowl, whisk to combine the dijon mustard, honey, salt and pepper. Mix well. Place salmon fillets on the lined baking sheet. (Salmon skin-side down if your salmon has skin) Using a basting brush, brush your honey mustard sauce evenly over the salmon fillets.
Place into preheated broiled oven and broil for 12- 14 minutes, or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork and opaque.
- Use a meat thermometer to test the internal temperature. According to the FDA, salmon should be cooked to 145F.
Tips for Perfectly Broiled Salmon:
- Thickness Matters: For even cooking, choose salmon fillets that are of uniform thickness. Thicker cuts may require a longer broiling time, while thinner fillets will cook more quickly.
- Keep a Close Eye: Broiling can be a fast process, and salmon can go from perfectly cooked to overdone in a matter of seconds. Stay vigilant and monitor the cooking progress closely to avoid burning.
- Skin-On or Skinless: Broiling salmon can be done with either skin-on or skinless fillets. If using skin-on, broil with the skin side down for a crispier texture. Skinless fillets can be broiled on both sides.
Serving suggestions and side dishes
- Rice, vegetables, salad, potatoes
- Air fryer cheesy asparagus
- Keto broccoli salad
- Keto garlic bread
- Crack Green Beans
- Cauliflower Potato Salad
HUNGRY FOR MORE EASY RECIPES? Click here to subscribe to my newsletter and get my 80+ recipe e-cookbook absolutely FREE!
Honey Mustard Broiled Salmon - 20 Minutes
- oil for greasing the pan or foil
- 4 fresh or frozen salmon fillets that have been thawed (about 4-6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey (use a honey substitute for keto)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to high broil and position the oven rack in the upper ⅓ of the oven, about 6 inches from the upper heating element. Grease a 10x15 baking sheet with oil or cooking spray. Note: you do not want to use parchment paper as it can ignite under the broiler.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the dijon mustard, honey, salt and pepper. Mix well. Place salmon fillets on the lined baking sheet. Using a basting brush, brush your honey mixture evenly over the salmon fillets.
- Place into preheated broiled oven and broil for 12- 14 minutes. Serve,
- The nutrition information was calculated using the keto honey substitute which is zero net carbs. It was also based on 24 ounces of salmon total.
- Storage: Store leftover broiled salmon in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.