Keto Strawberry Clafoutis is a traditional French inspired, flan-like batter, delicious dessert recipe. With a hint of vanilla.. this delightfully baked creamy custardy sweet treat will be a “win” for any gluten free way of life!
This baked, sweet- batter traditional French dessert will be a nice treat to add to your keto recipe collection!
The best part…it’s super easy to make and very impressive. Serve it with sweetened whipped cream or keto ice cream and you are in heaven.
Traditionally this is made with cherries, but I think strawberries are a delicious and keto friendly alternative.
HOW TO MAKE KETO STRAWBERRY CLAFOUTIS
This used a pound of fresh strawberries that are medium sized. Cut off the green tops and slice them in half. They are going to bake in the delicious custard.
Preheat the oven to 350F and spray a cast iron skillet or an oval baking dish with cooking spray.
Now combine the heavy cream, sweetener, vanilla extract, salt, almond flour and eggs in a blender and blend until smooth. You can also whisk the keto clafoutis batter with a whisk. Just make sure you get it completely smooth.
Next, pour the mixture into the pan and top with strawberries…cut side up. Try to keep them from sinking fully in the batter. This shouldn’t be a problem if the strawberries are big enough.
Bake in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until set. Keep an eye on it in the oven and make sure you pop any bubbles that form during the baking process.
A knife or toothpick poked in the center should come out clean when it is cooked through.
Serve warm with whipped cream and be prepared to be blown away on how delicious this treat is!
⭐ Did you make this Keto Strawberry Clafoutis Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Keto Strawberry Clafoutis (Gluten Free)
- 1 Cup almond flour (click here to see my favorite brand)
- 2/3 Cup Granulated Sweetener (Click here to see my favorite)
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 Large eggs
- 1 Cup Heavy cream
- 1 pound Strawberries green tops removed and sliced in half
- Cast Iron Skillet or Oval Baking Dish
- Preheat the oven to 350F and spray a cast iron skillet or an oval baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine the heavy cream, sweetner, vanilla extract, salt, almond flour and eggs in a blender and blend until smooth. Alternatively you can mix with a whisk in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the mixture into the skillet or baking dish and top with the strawberries, cut side up. Don't let them sink completely into the batter.
- Bake in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until set.
- Be sure to pop any bubbles that form during the baking process.
- A knife or toothpick poked into the center should come out clean.
- Serve warm with sweetened whipped cream!
- Lakanto is my new favorite keto friendly sweetener. Find a coupon code below!