These low carb stuffed peppers are filled with delicious cauliflower rice, sausage, and cheese. The leftovers make great lunches for busy moms too!
These Low Carb Stuffed Peppers are really easy to prepare and make for adults and picky eaters. Simply let the kids eat the filling out of the pepper, or serve them extra filling on its own. With the cauliflower rice, they are getting a nice dose of yummy veggies!
I recently visited Kroger to get some things that I forgot during our last trip just a couple of days ago (I’m constantly doing this, anyone else?). I bought one of those pretty packs of bell peppers. You know the ones…with the yellow, red, and orange. I love looking at them in my shopping cart because they are so colorful! Then I bring them home and i’m like, what an I going to do with these? And that’s when I decided I would make these low carb stuffed peppers!
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
This recipe for low carb stuffed peppers was super easy to make (thats my motto around here), and really delicious! My kids and adult kid (aka husband) will not eat bell peppers, so instead of serving theirs in the pepper, I just put the filling in a bowl and they eat it up! I love bell peppers, especially yellow, so more for me, ha! Does anyone else have an extra kid in the form of a husband?
Cauliflower rice is so easy to make, almost as easy as carb filled rice. I cut the cauliflower florets off of the head and put them all in my food processor and pulsed it a few times until the cauliflower resembles rice. I have a Ninja blender that has a separate bowl to use as a food processor. I love my Ninja blender so much! I’ve seen people ooooh and aaaah over Vitamix and Blendtec blenders, but I seriously think the Ninja is just as good, for a fraction of the cost!
You could also follow my tutorial for Microwave Cauliflower Rice. I show you how to make your own packs of frozen cauliflower rice.
There is no need to cook the cauliflower rice before putting it in the low carb stuffed peppers…because it will cook in the peppers! To get the rest of the filling ready, I sautéed my sausage until it was cooked through, and I also cleaned out my peppers. Instead of cutting them in half, I cut a side off and I removed the seeds.
I then combined the cauliflower rice, sausage, and 1 cup of cheese in a large bowl and seasoned with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon the mixture into the peppers and top with more cheese. I had leftover mixture that I reserved for my kids (and husband). I covered them with foil, then baked at 350 for 30 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake for 15 more minutes.
These low carb stuffed peppers make perfect leftover lunches for the week!
Another super yummy stuffed pepper recipe you should try is Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed peppers!
Low Carb Stuffed Peppers with Cauliflower Rice and Sausage
- 3 tri-color peppers
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 12 oz of Italian sausage , or your favorite sausage
- 1 cup cheddar cheese plus more for sprinkling on top
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350F
- Cut the cauliflower florets off of the head and place in a food processor
- Pulse until the cauliflower resembles rice
- Cook sausage in a skillet until it is no longer pink
- Remove sausage from pan with a slotted spoon and let drain on paper towels
- Add sausage and cauliflower rice to a large bowl with 1 cup cheese. Stir to combine
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the peppers tops off, cut them in half, or you can cut a side off and remove the seeds
- Place the peppers cut side up into a baking dish
- Spoon the mixture into the peppers and sprinkle with cheddar cheese
- Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350F for 30 minutes
- Remove foil and continue to bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- Use remaining mixture to serve to picky kids and husband
I hope you enjoyed this low carb stuffed peppers recipe! Pop on over here to see what else I’ve been cooking up for dinner!