These peppers are filled with steak, caramelized onions, mushrooms, and topped with provolone! A healthy low carb dinner!
Related: I get all of my grass fed beef and pasture raised chicken from Butcher Box. Read my honest review here.
Can I start off by saying how amazing these Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers were? I mean, how could you go wrong with steak and cheese?
So, I’m not from Philly, I’ve never been to Philly, and I have no plans to go to Philly…so if this is not an authentic representation of a Philly cheesesteak, I’m sorry!
I think I did a pretty good job, though!
HOW TO MAKE PHILLY CHEESESTEAK STUFFED PEPPERS
Let’s get down to this Philly cheesesteak stuffed peppers business!
I picked up 3 bell peppers from the produce section and I cut them in half and took out the seeds. You could do all green if you like, but I like the sweetness of the orange and red peppers.
I put them in a baking dish, covered it with foil, and baked them for 20 minutes at 325F.
While those were cooking, I sautéed my onions and mushrooms until they were soft.
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Then I pushed all of those to one side and I added my sliced steak. I used sirloin steak and I sliced it thinly against the grain. I browned the steak for a few minutes, then I mixed the mushrooms and onions in with the steak.
Your peppers should be finished now so its time for the cheese! I put slices of provolone in the bottom of each pepper, I topped it with the steak filling, then another piece of cheese. How bad could that be?
I then set my broiler to HI and I broiled the peppers until the cheese was melty and starting to brown.
This really was a super easy recipe. The hardest part was cutting up all of the vegetables and meat!
Some other steak recipes you will love:
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK STUFFED PEPPERS VIDEO:
Philly cheesesteak stuffed peppers
- 3 Bell peppers, sliced in half and seeds removed
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- 1/2 Onion, thinly sliced
- 16 ounces Mushrooms, sliced
- 1.5 pounds Sirloin steak, sliced thin against the grain
- 12 slices Provolone cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325F. Place the bell pepper halves in a casserole dish and cover with foil. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove and set aside
- While the peppers are cooking, heat a large skillet over medium. Add the oil, onions, and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Let sauté until soft.
- Push the sautéed onions and mushrooms to one side of the pan and add the steak. Season with salt and pepper. Cook the steak until browned on both sides. About 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- To assemble: place a slice of cheese into each bell pepper half. Add the steak mixture, then another slice of cheese.
- Set your oven broiler to HI and broil the stuffed peppers for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese starts to brown and bubble. Watch carefully so the don't burn! Serve immediately.
⭐ Did you make this Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer