This keto asian steak salad uses only one ingredient to marinate the steak and the asian sesame dressing mixes up quickly in a jar. A simple keto salad that will fill up even the hungriest of eaters!
I am a steak lover, but I am also a greens and veggies lover. I feel like as I have gotten older, I have gotten away from the heavy low carb foods, to more lighter foods with lots of veggies. I feel like my approach to low carb has changed slightly. When I see plates full of bright colorful veggies I get excited and want to eat all of it! I really don’t feel that same way about a plate full of meat smothered with cheese and creamy sauces.
Maybe it’s just a change in the seasons. I guess we will see what I crave when winter hits and I am curled up under a blanket wishing for Spring.
This easy asian steak salad was a marriage of my husbands love for steak, and me wanting to eat all of the spinach before it goes bad. I love having asian staples in my pantry at all times…like soy sauce and sesame oil. It makes it so easy to whip up this easy asian sesame dressing.
The marinade for this steak is one ingredient. Yes, you read that right. All I used was soy sauce. I put each steak into a zip top plastic bag and added about 1/4 cup of soy sauce to the bag, zipped it up, and let it sit on the counter for an hour. This gave the steak time to marinate, and time for the steak to come up to room temperature.
If I was using this steak in something else other than a salad with a flavorful dressing, I would have definitely used more in my marinade. I’m thinking garlic and onion powder for starters.
Speaking of the dressing for this keto asian salad, it is so full of amazing flavor and so easy to make! All I do is put all of the ingredients in a little jar with a lid and shake it up.
Now we just put it all together! Sear the steak to your desired doneness, place on a bed of spinach or any other greens you have on hand, top with the dressing and some sliced radish, and serve!
Related: I get all of my grass fed beef and pasture raised chicken from Butcher Box. Read my honest review here.
Keto Asian Steak Salad
- 2 Ribeye Steaks
- 1/2 cup Soy sauce or coconut aminos divided
For the asian sesame dressing
- 4 cups Raw spinach
- 4 radishes sliced thin
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Place each steak in a zip top bag with 1/4 cup of soy sauce. Zip up the bags and allow to marinate on the counter for 1 hour.
- Remove the steaks from the bag and discard the marinade. In a cast iron skillet on high heat, cook the steaks to your desired doneness. I did 4 minutes on each side for medium.
- Let the steaks rest for 10 minutes on a cutting board.
- While the steaks are resting, make your dressing. Add all of the dressing ingredients to a jar with a lid and shake to combine.
- Assemble the salads. Add 2 cups of spinach and half of the sliced radish to each of the 2 bowls. Slice the steaks into 1/2 in thick pieces and add those to the salads. Drizzle the dressing on top and garnish with sesame seeds.
- Nutrition is based on a salad with a 6 ounce ribeye steak, 2 cups of spinach, 2 radishes, and 2 tablespoons of the dressing.