Banana bread, what a classic recipe that I am sure we all grew up on. This keto version uses a special ingredient to bring that banana flavor without adding the carbs from bananas!
As you can see, the texture of these banana bread muffins is perfect. They have the perfect crumb! This is due to my use of Greek Yogurt and the almond flour. This combination has been my go to for all things muffins and quick breads on the keto diet.
SECRET INGREDIENT TO MAKE THESE MUFFINS KETO
That would be banana extract of course! At first, I thought that the extract would taste too artificial, but these taste just like traditional banana bread!
ONE BOWL BAKING
Almost all of my keto baking recipes only require one bowl. This recipe is no exception! Add all of the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir them up.
Then add in the wet ingredients right in with the dry.
Now we can fold in the walnuts. These are optional but I love the crunch they give.
PREP YOUR MUFFIN TIN
I like to use cupcake liners and I spray the inside of my cupcake liners with cooking spray. This insures that our muffins do not stick.
THE TRICK FOR EVEN SIZED MUFFINS AND CUPCAKES
I use a ¼ cup ice cream scoop or kitchen scoop to make sure my muffins are all even sized. This also makes it a lot easier to scoop the batter into each muffin cup.
My other muffin recipes are just as delicious as this one and just as easy! Be sure to give these a try:
- Keto Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Keto Double Chocolate Muffins
- Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins
- Almond Flour Muffins
- keto Blueberry Muffins
Keto Banana Bread Muffins with Walnuts
- 2 ½ Cups almond flour (click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- 1 teaspoons Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¾ Cup Granular Sweetener (Click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- 3 Large Eggs
- 8 Ounces Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons Banana extract
- ½ Cup Chopped walnuts Optional
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F and line a 12 cup muffin tin with cupcake liners. Spray the inside of the liners with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the almond flour, baking soda, salt, and granular sweetener. Now mix in the eggs, greek yogurt, vanilla and banana extract.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts if using.
- Using a ¼ cup ice cream or kitchen scoop, fill the muffin cups. The batter will be the perfect amount for 12 muffins.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 18-20 minutes. A toothpick will come out clean.
- Let cool in the muffin tin for 10 minutes before serving. See notes for freezing instructions.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
- Greek Yogurt: I prefer to use Fage 2% plain Greek Yogurt because it has 5 carbs per 1 cup.
- Banana Extract: This can be found at Amazon. Here is the one I use https://amzn.to/2N3hefm
- Freezing Instructions: After these cool for 10 minutes, you can put the whole muffin tin in the freezer and let the muffins freeze for 2 hours. Remove the muffins from the freezer and the muffin tin and put them in a freezer safe bowl or bag. Keep frozen for up to 3 months.