These chocolate low carb muffins made with coconut flour have lots of zucchini and are an easy and healthy way to get some extra veggies in your diet. Keto Chocolate muffins make a great lunch box treat too!
These Keto Chocolate Muffins are chocolatey and stuffed with zucchini, but no one will ever know! These muffins are an easy and delicious way to get some extra veggies into your diet…and your kids diet! My kids love these keto chocolate muffins and they love to help me make them too! They are perfect as an after school snack or they would be great in lunch boxes.
DO I NEED TO SQUEEZE THE LIQUID OUT OF THE ZUCCHINI?
No! These keto chocolate muffins use the moisture from the zucchini to help keep the muffins nice and moist. We use 1 cup of packed shredded zucchini and that is from 1 large zucchini.
DO I NEED TO USE CUPCAKE LINERS?
You do not have to, but I prefer to use cupcake liners when I make keto chocolate muffins so I am sure that the muffins do not stick to the pan. Sometimes even a really good coating of cooking spray isn’t good enough.
I also like to spray the inside of my cupcake liners with cooking spray because keto baked goods tend to stick.
FREEZING THESE MUFFINS FOR LATER
I like to make a batch of these keto chocolate muffins and then let them cool in the muffin tin then remove them and place them in the freezer on a baking sheet so they can flash freeze for 2 hours. Now you can place them in a freezer bag or a air tight freezer container for up to 3 months.
When you are ready to eat a low carb chocolate muffin, remove it from the freezer and let it thaw for a few minutes. It shouldn’t take long!
Some other muffin you will want to try:
- Keto chocolate chip muffins – I added chocolate chips to my easy almond flour muffin recipe for a perfect chocolate chip muffins
- Keto pumpkin cheesecake muffins – A layer of pumpkin muffin with cheesecake swirled in the middle. You have to try these!
- Keto Breakfast Muffins – These are a savory muffin filled with zucchini, cheese, and ham. Perfect for a keto brunch!
- Almond Flour muffins – My favorite basic muffin recipe. You can add blueberries, raspberries, or nuts.
DID YOU MAKE THIS KETO CHOCOLATE MUFFINS RECIPE? TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN SEE @LOWCARBWITHJENNIFER
Low Carb Keto Chocolate Muffins
- 1/2 cup Coconut flour (Click here to see the brand I like best on Amazon)
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup Granular Sweetener (Click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 Cup Packed Grated Zucchini
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup Sugar free Chocolate Chips (Click here to see my favorite brand on Amazon)
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with 9 cupcake liners and spray the inside of the liners with cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, combine the coconut flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, salt, cinnamon, sweetener, and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, vanilla, oil, cream, and zucchini.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan.
- These keto chocolate muffins should be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or see notes for freezing.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
- COOKING SPRAY: These are very moist muffins so you will need to spray the inside of the muffin liners with cooking spray
- NO SQUEEZING OF THE ZUCCHINI REQUIRED: The zucchini is really easy to grate with a box grater and it doesn't need any water squeezed out of it.
- BAKERY STYLE KETO CHOCOLATE MUFFINS: Add a few extra chocolate chips to the tops of the muffins before baking for a bakery style look
- NUTRITION: for 1 muffin
- FREEZING: I like to make a batch of these and then let them cool in the muffin tin then remove them and place them in the freezer on a baking sheet so they can flash freeze for 2 hours. Now you can place them in a freezer bag or a air tight freezer container for up to 3 months.