These chocolate low carb muffins made with coconut flour have lots of zucchini and are an easy and healthy way to get some extra veggies in your kids diet. Chocolate Zucchini muffins make a great lunch box treat too!
These Low Carb Muffins are chocolatey and stuffed with zucchini, but no one will ever know! Chocolate Zucchini muffins are an easy and delicious way to get some extra veggies into your diet…and your kids diet! My kids love these muffins and they love to help me make them too! They are perfect as an after school snack or they would be great in lunch boxes too!
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
I was raised in the south and that meant a slew of baked quick breads from my grandma. I loved her warm banana bread and her yummy zucchini bread that she made on a regular basis. I still bake my kids banana bread now. My favorite recipe is Janet’s Rich Banana Bread, except I halve the sugar, mash the bananas, and skip the walnuts. I personally love my banana bread with walnuts, but my kids do not! Since I make that one for my kids, I’m nice and leave out the walnuts.
Now that I have been eating low carb (lowish sugar for my kids), I have been skipping the banana bread and opting for these yummy low carb muffins! I need to try this low carb banana bread from Wholesome Yum though. It looks amazing!
These low carb muffins are so moist and I love that they use coconut flour instead of almond flour. Almond flour is so expensive! They were super easy to make too.
Home Cook Tip
Spray your muffin liners with non-stick spray. These low carb muffins are so moist that they tend to stick to the paper if you don’t spray. Also, use a box grater to easily shred your zucchini and there is no need to drain the zucchini after you shred it! These really shred up in a flash!
Some other chocolate recipes on the blog:
- Keto Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Bark with Bacon and Almonds
- Keto Mug cake
- Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Sugar Free Chocolate Pie
HOW TO MAKE LOW CARB MUFFINS VIDEO
Low Carb Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- 1/2 cup Coconut flour (Click here to see the brand I like best)
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup Granular Sweetener (Click here to see my favorite)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup Sugar free Chocolate Chips (Click here to see my favorite brand)
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with 9 cupcake liners and pray the inside of the liners with cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, combine the coconut flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, salt, cinnamon, sweetener, and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, vanilla, oil, cream, and zucchini.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tins and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
- These are very moist muffins so you will need to spray the inside of the muffin liners with cooking spray
- The zucchini is really easy to grate with a box grater and it doesn't need any water squeezed out of it.
- Add a few extra chocolate chips to the tops of the muffins before baking
⭐ Did you make this low carb muffin recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer