Perfect for breakfast or brunch…these keto cinnamon sugar donut muffins are so easy to make and super delicious. They are completely sugar free but they taste just like the real thing!
I first made these cinnamon sugar donut muffins and they were not keto. Far from it actually! I was first introduced to these when I was watching the Pioneer Woman one day and she made French Breakfast Puffs. I instantly knew I had to make them.
They were absolutely delicious and I needed to make them keto asap!
These muffins start off just like all of my other muffins recipes. It is my tried and true recipe and it makes perfectly light and fluffy keto muffins.
I bake them in a 400F oven for about 18 to 20 minutes and they come out perfect every time. Let them cool before you start dipping them in the topping.
KETO CINNAMON SUGAR MUFFIN TOPPING
The topping to these donut muffins is a mixture of cinnamon and granular sweetener. We get that to stick by first dipping the tops in melted butter.
I tried dipping these completely in the butter, followed by coating them completely in cinnamon and sugar. I found this to be overwhelmingly sweet so I do just the tops of the muffins.
My other muffin recipes are just as easy as this one so be sure to check them out:
Keto Cinnamon Donut Muffins - 2 Net Carbs
- 2 1/2 Cups almond flour (click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Granular Sweetener (Click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- 3 Large Eggs, Beaten
- 8 Ounces Greek Yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Stick Butter
- 1/2 Cup Granulated sweetener (Click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F and line a 12 cup muffin pan with liners. Spray the inside of the liners with cooking spray. In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, baking soda, salt, and sweetener. Now add in the beaten eggs, greek yogurt, and vanilla extract.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin cups evenly using a scoop. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool
- In a small bowl, combine the 1/2 cup of sweetener and the cinnamon. In a seperate small bowl, melt the butter. Dip the tops of each muffin in the melted butter, followed by the cinnamon and sweetener. Serve
- Greek Yogurt: I like to use Fage 2% plain Greek Yogurt. You can use sour cream but that would increase the calories and the carb count.