These 4 freezer friendly meals that can be made in the slow cooker have minimal prep and will help you stock your freezer. They are all warm, comforting, family friendly, and delicious.
I love to stock my freezer with keto friendly Crockpot recipes that even my picky eaters will like. This ensures that I always have something in the house that I can thaw over night in the fridge and then dump in the slow cooker to cook all day.
I like to make 2 of each of these recipes so I only have to prep once for 8 meals!
Tips for prepping slow cooker meals for the freezer
- Use high quality freezer bags or bowls. Cheap bags leak. If you are using bowls, make sure to have just enough room between the food and the lid for expansion. Too much room will cause freezer burn. Squeeze as much air as possible out of the freezer bags to avoid freezer burn.
2. Label the bags with the recipe and the cook time before filling them.
3. A bag holder is a must to help keep the bags upright while freezing. Here are the ones I use on Amazon.
4. Chop all of your veggies first, then your meat so you don't have multiple dirty knives and cutting boards.
5. Put the veggies in the bag, followed by the spices and canned goods, and finally the meat. If your recipe calls for a lot of broth, make a note on the bag to add that on the day of cooking.
6. According to the FDA, it is okay to freeze the raw meat and veggies together and the freezer meals will last in the freezer for about 3 months.
7. Use a Crockpot with a timer (here they are on Amazon)
8. If you forget to thaw a meal overnight in the fridge you can thaw it in a warm water bath in the morning. The USDA does not recommend cooking frozen meat in the slow cooker...it should be thawed first.