This easy creamy white chicken chili is healthy, low carb, and keto friendly! We use cauliflower rice instead of beans and I give instructions for the stove top, crockpot, and for freezing!
I love any recipe that is a soup, stew or Chili. This Keto White Chicken Chili is so easy to make and comforting any time of year. I like to use cauliflower rice instead of beans to cut the carbs, and I use heavy cream and xanthan gum to eliminate the need for thickeners like cornstarch or flour.
CROCKPOT WHITE CHICKEN CHILI
To make this white chicken chili in the crockpot, you literally just throw in all of the ingredients and let it go. I have tried this recipe with first browning the chicken and not browning the chicken first, and they both taste delicious.
STOVETOP WHITE CHICKEN CHILI
If you have a little more time, you can put a little more effort into this recipe by sweating the onions and garlic and browning the meat before you let it simmer.
After you brown the meat and onions, we add in the rest of the ingredients which are cumin, dried oregano, green chilis, chicken broth, and cauliflower rice.
I am a big proponent of ingredients such as frozen onion and frozen cauliflower rice. They are major time savers!
Now we just let the chili simmer for about 20 minutes. Finally we add in the heavy cream and the xanthan gum to make it creamy.
HOW TO FREEZE WHITE CHICKEN CHILI
This recipe froze really well! I added all of the ingredients (except cream and xanthan gum) to a gallon size freezer bag and stuck it in the freezer. When I was ready to cook it, I removed it from the freezer the day before to let it thaw. Then I cooked it in the crockpot for 4 hours on high. I then added in the cream and the xanthan gum and let it cook for about 10 minutes more to thicken up.
I like to serve this easy white chicken chili with fresh cilantro, shredded cheddar, avocado, and some sour cream.
Keto White Chicken Chili - Crockpot or Stove Top
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- 1/2 Cup Diced onion
- 4 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 6 Boneless Skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Dried oregano
- 7 ounces Diced green chilis
- 12 ounces Frozen cauliflower rice
- 2 Cups Chicken broth
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon Xanthan gum (click here to see my favorite brand on Amazon)
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded cheddar, avocado, cilantro, sour cream for serving
Crockpot White Chicken Chili
- Add the diced onion, garlic, chicken, cumin, oregano, green chilis, cauliflower rice, and chicken broth to the crockpot (omit the oil). Let cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Add in the heavy cream and the xanthan gum. Let cook for 10 more minutes to thicken. Serve in bowls with toppings.
Stovetop White Chicken Chili
- In a heavy bottom pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Add in the onions and sweat for 5-8 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Turn up the heat to medium-hi and add in the diced chicken and sauté until browned on all sides.
- Add in the cumin, oregano, chilis, cauliflower rice, and broth. Reduce to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add in the heavy cream and xanthan gum, bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and let thicken for 5 minutes.
- Serve in bowls with toppings.
- To freeze: I added all of the ingredients (except cream and xanthan gum) to a gallon size freezer bag and stuck it in the freezer. When I was ready to cook it, I removed it from the freezer the day before to let it thaw. Then I cooked it in the crockpot for 4 hours on high. I then added in the cream and the xanthan gum and let it cook for about 10 minutes more to thicken up.
- What is Xanthan Gum?