Bring some fiesta to your kitchen with this one skillet, Keto Chicken and Beef Fajitas! Traditional fajita spices with savory chicken, tender beef and perfectly sautéed peppers and onions..all in one skillet and in just 30 minutes!
At home fajitas can be just as good as restaurant fajitas…plus you know exactly what goes in them! These are guaranteed to be sugar free.
I like to have a combination of chicken and beef for my fajitas. We can use the same seasoning for both meats.
I used chicken breast for this recipe but you can definitely use boneless skinless chicken thighs.
What kind of steak should I use?
Traditionally, fajitas are made with flank steak. Some other alternatives are skirt steak, rump, or even sirloin steak.
Some other delicious keto recipes you will love are:
Keto Fajitas with Chicken and Beef
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado Oil
- 2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 pound Flank steak
- 1 Yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 Red Bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 Medium White onion, sliced thin
- In a small mixing bowl combine chili powder, salt, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder and cumin.
- Lay the chicken breast on a large cutting board and cut them in half lengthwise. This will help with even and faster cooking.
- Sprinkle the seasoning generously over your chicken breast and steak. You will have some seasoning leftover...keep this to season your onions and bell peppers.
- Add the avocado oil to a large skillet over medium high heat and sear your chicken until cooked through, cooking for a few minutes on each side until an internal thermometer reads 165F. Remove from the pan and set aside. Continue to cook the flank steak in the same skillet. Sear on each side until the internal temperature reaches your desired doneness. Medium is 145F. Let the steak rest while the onions and peppers are cooking.
- Take your sliced onions and bell peppers and place them in your skillet. With your left-over fajita seasoning, sprinkle over veggies. Cook until tender.
- Slice the chicken and beef for fajitas. Make sure when slicing your beef to slice against the grain to have super tender slices. Set aside.
- Turn off heat and layer your perfectly seared chicken and beef steak on top of the onions and peppers. Serve with guacamole, shredded cheese, and sour cream.