Almond and Cinnamon Low Carb Chia Pudding
I have recently become obsessed with chia pudding! What is chia pudding you ask? well, when you soak chia seeds in a liquid, they absorb that liquid and become soft…like a pudding! They really are so versatile and they take on any flavor you put them in.
At only 1 net carb per tablespoon, chia seeds make the perfect morning breakfast treat when mixed with yummy flavors. I have also been obsessed with warm and yummy cinnamon so that’s why I thought this almond and cinnamon low carb chia pudding would make a perfect quick breakfast!
This super easy breakfast (or anytime snack, let’s be honest) needs to be made at least 3 hours ahead of time to give the chia seeds time to absorb the liquid. I like to put some in the fridge the night before. About 1 hour after you place it in the fridge, just pull it out and give it a quick stir because the chia seeds like to sink to the bottom. In the morning, give it another stir and try not to eat the whole bowl!
- 2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tbsp Almond Butter
- 1/4 tsp liquid stevia
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Add all ingredients to a bowl except chia seeds
- whisk mixture until the almond butter is dissolved, or you can pulse in a blender
- add chia seeds and mix well
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, then stir
- Refrigerate for another 2 hours or overnight
- If the mixture is too thick, add more almond milk or water