This Low Carb and chocolate keto pie is a silky smooth sugar free chocolate pudding filling in a melt in your mouth almond flour and butter crust. The perfect keto holiday treat!
Wow wow wow. This Keto Pie is going to blow your mind. I’m not even kidding.
Not only is the low carb chocolate pudding filling amazing, but so is the easy almond flour pie crust. I literally had it in the oven in about 5 minutes. No rolling the dough out or chilling it in the fridge necessary. I got the recipe from my friend over at Wholesome Yum.
I’m normally not a dessert maker because desserts require precise measurements and messy ingredients. This sugar free chocolate pie is so easy, though. The hardest part is waiting for it to set up in the fridge!
Let’s get started with this yummy keto pie!
After I had my crust made and in the oven, I started on the chocolate pudding filling. Chop your bakers chocolate ahead of time so it is ready to go!
I added the sweetener, corn starch, a pinch of salt, and xanthan gum to a medium sauce pan and whisked it all together. I then added the almond milk and egg yolks and whisked that together and cooked it on medium heat. When the mixture barely comes to a boil and looks like pudding, remove it from the heat and stir in the bakers chocolate, vanilla, cocoa powder, and butter.
After your pie crust comes out of the oven, pour this amazingly silky chocolate pudding in it and try not to eat it all. Put the pie in the refrigerator to set up and then commence with licking the bowl.
After the keto pie has set up (about 4 hours) remove it from the fridge and slice into that bad boy.
I might have eaten 2 slices, or I might have not. I might have eaten the whole pie, or I might have not.
⭐️ Did you make this Keto Chocolate Pie recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Chocolate Keto Pie
- 1 Almond Flour Pie Crust (link in recipe notes)
- 1 cup Granular Sweetener (Click here to see my favorite)
- 1 tablespoon Corn starch
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum (click here to see my favorite brand)
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3 Egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 3 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 6 pieces Unsweetened bakers chocolate, chopped (42 grams)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- Make the pie crust and set aside to cool
- Add the Swerve, corn starch, xanthan gum, and salt to a medium saucepan and whisk to combine. Add the egg yolks, vanilla, and almond milk, cocoa powder, and whisk to combine, Heat over medium heat.
- When the mixture starts to bubble and is thick like pudding, remove from the heat and stir in the chopped chocolate and the butter until completely melted.
- Pour the chocolate pudding into the pie crust and let set up in the refrigerator for atlas 4 hours.
- Slice and serve with whipped cream