This Cauliflower Fried Rice with Shrimp recipe is not only sure to please but super easy to make! You will have a whole meal in less than 30 minutes without sacrificing the flavor, I promise.
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST CAULIFLOWER FRIED RICE
I like to start with cooking the bacon. You will need a large skillet because this is a one-skillet meal. Get the bacon nice and crispy and then reduce the heat to medium. Sauté onion until translucent, then add the garlic and ginger and sauté for one minute or a little more.
Once cooked, push the bacon mixture to the side of the skillet and add in the shrimp. Make sure the shrimp is not super crowded, you will want the shrimp to cook evenly. Cook on both sides until the shrimp is pink.
The key to keeping this meal quick is the Steamed Cauliflower Rice. By following this recipe, you’ll have fresh steamed cauliflower rice in minutes! You can also use readymade cauliflower rice from the freezer section.
Once cooked, add the steamed cauliflower rice and scrambled eggs, along with sesame oil, soy sauce, and scallions.
Toss to combine and serve!
Did you make this Cauliflower Fried Rice with Shrimp Recipe? Use #lowcarbwithjennifer on Instagram for a chance to be featured!
Cauliflower Fried Rice with Shrimp (20 Minutes!)
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp.
- Reduce heat to medium, add in onion and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and ginger, saute for one minute more.
- Push bacon and onion mixture to one side of the pan, and add shrimp to the skillet.
- Cook shrimp on both sides until thoroughly cooked.
- Add in steamed cauliflower rice, scrambled eggs, soy sauce, sesame oil and scallions. Toss to combine, and serve.
- For the nutrition calculations of the recipe, I used 1/2 cup of onion, thick sliced bacon (wright brand), and large shrimp. Also, I assumed 3 tablespoons of bacon grease remained in the pan.
- For the steamed cauliflower rice, you can use already riced cauliflower in the frozen section (my favorite), or you can use my recipe that I have here.
- I am a huge fan of the shortcut ingredient ginger paste. You can find it in the produce section of most grocery stores.