Satisfy the chocolate lover in you with this Keto Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe! Fluffy, super-moist outside… ooey, gooey incredibly rich molten chocolate on the inside. Ready in just 6 minutes. This is one low carb chocolate craving you can have guilt free!
Who doesn’t love chocolate? Especially MOLTEN LAVA CAKES? Now with this super-easy recipe, you can satisfy that sweet tooth in no time. 6 minutes to be exact!
Fluffy, super-moist outside… ooey, gooey chocolate goodness on the inside! Being a chocolate lover never felt so good!
Let’s get started!
HOW TO MAKE KETO CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKE
First, in a ramekin or mug…melt the butter in the microwave for 10 seconds. Swirl the butter around the inside of the ramekin so it creates a non-stick coating.
Add the almond flour, swerve, cocoa powder, baking powder and beaten egg to the ramekin.
Make sure to mix well!
Now you can place your chocolate squares in the center.
I used 4 little “squares” of a Lily’s chocolate bar.
Microwave on high or 60 seconds, being sure not to overcook.
We don’t want that because then your cake will be dry.
Carefully turn the ramekin upside down onto a plate and let the cake fall out.
You may need to help it a little with a spoon.
Sprinkle the top of the keto lava cake with powdered sweetener if desired.
You know I’m all about keeping things simple! It doesn’t get much simpler than that!
Satisfy that sweet tooth with this over-the-top keto chocolate dessert! Yummy!
ALTERNATIVES TO ALMOND FLOUR
Sunflower seed flour is a 1 for 1 substitute for almond flour and it can be found on Amazon. Coconut flour can also be used but you would only use 1 Tablespoon.
Some other keto friendly dessert recipes:
- Chocolate Pudding Keto Pie– Chocolate keto pie is a silky smooth and sugar free
- To Die For Keto Brownies-So rich that a few bites is all you need to get your chocolate fix.
- Keto Mug Cake Chocolate or Vanilla-This chocolate keto mug cake is another one of my favorite quick treats
- 10 Low Carb and Keto Desserts for any occasion – 15 of my top keto dessert recipes, all in one place.
DID YOU MAKE THIS KETO CHOCOLATE LAVE CAKE? TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN SEE @LOWCARBWITHJENNIFER
Keto Chocolate Lava Cake - 6 Minutes!
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 3 Tablespoons almond flour (click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- 1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Granular Sweetener (Click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 Egg, beaten
- splash of Vanilla
- 4 Squares Lily's Dark Chocolate Bar
- In a ramekin or mug, melt the butter in the microwave for 10 seconds. Swirl the butter around the inside of the ramekin to create a non-stick coating. Add the almond flour, swerve, cocoa powder, baking powder and beaten egg.
- Mix well. Place the chocolate squares in the center.
- Microwave on high for 60 seconds, being sure not to overcook. If you overcook it, it will be dry.
- Carefully turn the ramekin upside down onto a plate and let the cake fall out. You may need to help it a little with a spoon.
- Sprinkle the top with powdered sweetener if desired.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
- BUTTER: This is a must or coconut oil. You will have a dry cake if you omit.
- ALMOND FLOUR ALTERNATIVE: Sunflower seed flour can be substituted for the almond flour if you have a nut allergy. Coconut flour can also be used but you would only need 1 tablespoon.
- LILY'S CHOCOLATE: I have found this on amazon, at Kroger, Whole Foods, and Walmart. If you cannot find it, you can use an 85% cacao dark chocolate bar. Be sure to account for the extra carbs.
- BAKING INSTRUCTIONS: bake in a 350F oven for 10 minutes or until the outer edge is set (a toothpick will come out clean)
- MICROWAVE: The microwave I use has a wattage of 1000W
- NUTRITION: for 1 lava cake with 10g of Lily's chocolate in the center.