These easy low carb and keto scones are made savory with the addition of delicious bacon. They go perfectly with your favorite soup or as a snack.
I am currently craving these Keto Scones with Bacon. My goal is to have a stash of them in the freezer at all times to heat up and serve with soup, or just to snack on. They are so good and easy to make!
When I was looking for a recipe to pair with my Leftover Steak Soup, I immediately thought…scones! I had to add bacon because…I love it!
HOW TO MAKE KETO SCONES
To get started with these keto scones, mix together the almond flour, baking soda, and kosher salt. Now add the cold butter and combine with your fingers, a fork, or a pastry cutter until the butter is incorporated into the almond flour. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, apple cider vinegar, and bacon grease (leftover from cooking the bacon).
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Now dump the mixture out onto a work surface and make a well in the center. pour the egg mixture in the center and start to mix it all together.
Once it’s almost all mixed, add in the cooked bacon.
Mix that in and form into a round disc
Cut the disk into 6 triangles and lay out on a lined sheet pan
Bake in a 350F oven for 20 minutes. They will come out delicious, tender, and packed with flavor! Enjoy!
Keto Scones with Bacon
- 3 Cups almond flour (click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- 1 ½ teaspoons Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 4 Tablespoons Cold Butter, cut into cubes
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Bacon Grease
- 8 Slices Bacon, diced and cooked until crisp
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, baking soda, and kosher salt. Add in the cold butter and use your hands, forks, or a pastry cutter to incorporate the butter into the almond flour. In a separate small bowl, beat together the eggs vinegar, and bacon grease.
- Pour the dry ingredients out onto your work surface and make a well in the center. Pour the egg mixture in the well and mix gently, add in the bacon and combine the ingredients with your hands.
- Form the dough into a flat disk about 1 inch thick. Cut into 6 triangles and arrange onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or when a toothpick comes out clean. Cool before serving.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
⭐ Did you make this Keto Scones Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer