These Keto Stuffed Mushrooms are not your traditional stuffed mushrooms with dry breadcrumbs, these are filled with flavor and are so easy to make! Mushroom caps stuffed with sausage, cream cheese, and mozzarella cheese…how can that be bad?
An easy keto appetizer, these stuffed mushrooms are going to be loved y the whole family and no one will care that they are low carb.
I like to use baby Bella mushroom caps for this recipe because I think they have more flavor. I buy the 1 pound package.
Remove the stems and scrape out the insides with a spoon, being careful but to damage the mushroom cap.
First we cook and crumble ½ pound of ground sausage (I use breakfast sausage) in a large skillet.
Remove the sausage from the skillet to a mixing bowl and set the skillet aside. We are going to use the same skillet to cook out stuffed mushrooms in.
Now in the mixing bowl with out sausage we are going to add 4 ounces of cream cheese, ⅓ cup of mozzarella cheese, and 1 teaspoon of dried parsley.
I also season the filling with pepper. It shouldn’t need any salt.
Use a small spoon to fill each one of the mushroom caps and place in the skillet. I like to sprinkle them with more dried parsley before I bake them.
Now these will bake in a 350F oven for about 20 minutes. When they are finished, you can turn on the broiler to get them more browned on top.
For ⅙th of this recipe there is only 2 net carbs. Perfect!
What is an oven safe skillet?
Most skillets are oven safe up to 420-500F degrees. If you are not sure of your skillet is oven safe, you can be sure that cast iron, and stainless steel is. You can also cook the sausage in any pan you want, and then transfer the mushrooms to a casserole dish to bake in the oven.
Some of my other keto appetizer recipes:
- Air Fryer Avocado Fries
- Keto Cauliflower Hummus
- Million Dollar Cream Cheese Dip
- Keto Mozzarella Sticks
Keto Stuffed Mushrooms with Sausage and Cream Cheese
- 1 Pound Baby Belle Mushroom Caps
- ½ pound Ground Sausage (I use breakfast sausage)
- ⅓ Cup Shredded Mozzarella
- 4 Ounces Cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a 10 inch oven safe skillet (I used cast iron), saute sausage until cooked through. Remove from the pan to a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the cream cheese, mozzarella, parsley, and black pepper to taste. Set aside
- Remove the stem of the mushrooms and scoop out any gills.
- Spoon sausage mixture into each mushroom cap and place in the skillet.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes. Serve
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
- This recipe makes 6 servings
- Most skillets are oven safe up to 420-500F degrees. If you are not sure of your skillet is oven safe, you can be sure that cast iron, and stainless steel is. You can also cook the sausage in any pan you want, and then transfer the mushrooms to a casserole dish to bake in the oven.