This Fried Radishes with Crispy Bacon Recipe is a healthy alternative if you’re craving those starchy potatoes! Simple seasonings with bacon make for a perfect blend of flavors. Whether you use it for a savory side dish or an over the top breakfast…this recipe will be a must have for your table!
If you’re like me, you do miss potatoes from time to time.. but let’s face it, that’s a lot of carbs!!
Now with my Fried Radishes with Crispy Bacon Recipe you can have a healthier alternative!
I know, you think radishes? Once you fry these bad boy’s up, the flavor isn’t as sharp as a raw radish. Trust me!
Let’s get started!
THE BEST WAY TO COOK RADISHES
First let’s prep your bacon. Chop up the bacon slices. I like to use thick cut bacon for this fried radish recipe, but you can use any bacon you like.
Now your radishes. Cut your radishes into quarter size chunks. Cut off any green stems as well.
Okay, now that’s done.
Add the bacon to a large skillet over medium heat.
Cook the bacon until it is about halfway cooked, stirring occasionally. You want your bacon to look like this before you add your radishes to the pan.
Add in the quartered radishes and garlic powder.
Continue to cook until the fried radishes are fork tender and the bacon is crispy. This will take about 10 minutes.
Add the balsamic vinegar to the pan and scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve and fall in love with this healthy potato substitute! Yummy!
ARE RADISHES KETO?
I know it seems like these would not be keto because they are so potato like.
The truth is, radishes only have 8 net carbs per pound. That is fantastic!
Some other noteworthy side dishes that pair well with these fried radishes:
- Keto Mexican Cornbread – this recipe has jalapeños but you could leave them out for a more traditional cornbread.
- Keto Garlic Bread – this bread has so much garlic butter flavor…you will be surprised it is keto!
- Brussels sprouts in the air fryer – These get so crispy and I show you how to make them from frozen Brussels sprouts!
Did you make this pan fried radish Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Pan Fried Radishes with Crispy Bacon
- Add the bacon to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the bacon until it is about halfway cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the quartered radishes and garlic powder.
- Continue to cook until the radishes are fork tender and the bacon is crispy. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Add the balsamic vinegar to the pan and scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spatula.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- You want to be sure to add the radishes before the bacon gets too far along. It should still be pretty fatty. If you add the radishes to the pan too late, the bacon will burn before the radishes are cooked all of the way through.