Keto chicken parmesan is a quick, easy, and delicious recipe to make for dinner. Thin chicken breasts are crusted in parmesan cheese, pan fried until golden brown, then topped with marinara and melty mozzarella cheese!
Related: I get all of my grass fed beef and pasture raised chicken from Butcher Box. Read my honest review here.
I don't know why, but I always consider dinners like chicken parmesan better left up to restaurants. I love it, but only if someone else is making it. Come to find out, it really is easy to prepare...especially the keto way!
This Keto Chicken Parmesan is super easy! It requires just 6 ingredients (if you use store bought marinara) and a little over 30 minutes to make! Lets go!
SIDE DISHES FOR THIS KETO CHICKEN PARMESAN:
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Blistered Green Beans with Bacon
- Zucchini Noodles
- Parmesan Zucchini and Corn Skillet
- Easy Stuffed Mushrooms
To get started with this keto chicken parmesan, I first cut my thick chicken breasts in half, lengthwise. My chicken breasts were really thick, but only the size of my palm. I ended up with 6 chicken breast cutlets that were about ¾ of an inch thick.
Once your chicken is prepped, get your dredging stations set up. I had one bowl with 2 beaten eggs and ½ teaspoon of Italian seasoning. Then in a shallow bowl, I had 1 cup of shredded parmesan. The perfect parmesan for this recipe is the pre-shredded kind. I used Kraft brand.
Now we need to get our frying pan ready. I used a large non-stick skillet that I also sprayed with cooking spray (avocado oil works too). I tried to use a cast iron skillet with oil, but as the parmesan cheese melted, it stuck to the pan and made a mess.
Time to cook the chicken! Coat each chicken breast with the egg mixture, then dredge them in the parmesan cheese, really making sure to get a good coating. Finally, lay the chicken in the skillet and cook for 3 minutes on each side. A gorgeous golden crust will form.
Place each cooked chicken breast in a baking dish. Spoon 2 tablespoons of marinara on each piece, followed by 2 slices of fresh mozzarella cheese (shredded works too). Time to bake until the cheese melts!
I use a jarred marinara sauce but you can make your own with my recipe for keto marinara sauce.
The result? Perfectly cooked chicken breast with flavorful parmesan "breading" and lots of gooey cheese. A weeknight keto dinner that will make your families eyes light up!
⭐ Did you make this Keto Chicken Parmesan recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Keto Chicken Parmesan - 4 Net Carbs!
- 3 Chicken Breast, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese, Pre-shredded
- ¾ Cup Marinara sauce
- 12 Ounces Fresh Mozzarella, sliced into 12 slices
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and pre-heat the oven to 375F
- Combine the eggs and the Italian seasoning in medium sized bowl. Add the Parmesan cheese to another bowl. Coat the chicken cutlets in the egg mixtures, then into the parmesan, being sure to coat the chicken well.
- Spray the skillet with cooking spray and cook the coated chicken on each side for 3 minutes. Remove to a baking dish.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of marinara on top of each cutlet, followed by 2 ounces of fresh mozzarella.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese melts and the chicken is cooked through. Use an internal meat thermometer to insure the internal temperature should be 165F. Serve
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
- You can use shredded mozzarella for the topping. Use 2 tablespoons per breast.
- The perfect parmesan for this recipe is the pre-shredded kind. I used Kraft brand.
NUTRITION PER SERVING
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.