Skip the store bought and whip up your own classic keto cream cheese frosting! With just a few simple ingredients you can have a tasty low carb cream cheese frosting that's better than those high in sugar store brands!
Making your own cream cheese frosting is so simple, delicious, and can be perfectly keto if you use the right sweetener!
That's right! The only difference between this recipe and a traditional cream cheese frosting is typically the sweetener used. A simple swap from powdered sugar to a keto friendly powdered sweetener saves over 80 calories and 20 grams of sugar per serving! I definitely think that is worth the swap.
So the next time you are in to mood for a keto cupcake, use this recipe to cut the carbs substantially and enjoy your treat without the guilt.
Check out these other keto recipes:
Keto Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sweetener (Click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter and cream cheese with a hand mixer until pale in color. Add in the vanilla and ½ of the powdered sweetener and beat with the mixer on low speed until the sweetener is incorporated. Add the rest of the sweetener and beat on low speed until smooth.
NUTRITION PER SERVING
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.