Keto Custard is a 5 ingredient dessert that will have your taste-buds wanting more with each bite! This sugar free treat is incredibly light and creamy with just a hint of nutmeg. This is such a classic recipe without all the sugar!
This simple dessert will be a new staple in my kitchen! This silky smooth custard is so easy to make so let’s get to it!
We cook these in a water bath for nice even cooking and less chance of curdling. They come out so silky smooth!
I use a 9×13 casserole dish and I fill it with 3 cups of boiling water.
I pull out my oven rack and place the casserole dish on the rack before I add the boiling water so I am not having to transfer boiling water across the kitchen!
The mixture for the custard is so simple. We use eggs, sweetener, vanilla, half and half, and a pinch of salt and nutmeg.
I will try to use cocoa powder next time for a chocolate custard! That sounds amazing!
We bake them in a 350F oven for 30 minutes.
This recipe is so incredibly simple but I know it sounds intimidating because of the water bath. Don’t be intimidated by the water bath! It’s so simple!
Checkout these other amazing recipes from Jennifer:
Keto Custard - Easy Sweet Treat!
- ¼ cup Powdered Sweetener (Click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups half and half
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 oven-safe Ramekins
- 9x13 Casserole Dish
- Preheat the oven to 350F and spray 4, 8 ounce ramekins with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Boil 3 cups of water in a small saucepan.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Alternatively, you can use a hand whisk.
- Ladle the custard mixture evenly into each ramekin.
- Set a 9x13 casserole dish on the oven rack with the rack pulled out. Pour the boiling water into the casserole dish. Place the ramekins carefully in the water bath.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool in the waterbath until cool enough to handle. Serve warm or chilled.