Comfort food doesn’t mean you have to spend all night in the kitchen! This cream cheese chicken chili is hearty but also light in carbs. Tender chunks of chicken, creamy cream cheese and diced chilies packs a kick in every bite! Serve with diced avocado for the perfect meal.
I can eat soup, stews, and chilis any day of the year. Yes, even in the Summer! What I love most about this creamy chicken chili is that it is ready in under 30 minutes. Those are my favorite types of recipes.
I like to use cream cheese in this chili because it adds so much body. Much more than heavy cream would add.
This delicious chili uses boneless skinless chicken thighs which are my most favorite protein to use. They are perfect for soups, salads, and casseroles. They have so much more flavor that chicken breast and they are almost exactly the same calorie wise.
The next time you are in the mood for a comforting chili, give this one a try. It will not disappoint!
Checkout these other delicious recipes:
Cream Cheese Chicken Chili - 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- ½ cup diced onion
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilis
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum (click here to see my favorite brand on Amazon)
- 1 cup chicken Broth
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Avocado, diced, for serving
- Heat the avocado oil in a large heavy bottom pot over medium-high heat. Add in the onions and cook for 5-7 minutes, until they become translucent and begin to brown.
- Add the chopped chicken thighs and all of the seasonings. Cook the chicken for 6-8 minutes, until the chicken begins to brown.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the cream cheese. Stir constantly until completely melted.
- Add the green chilis and xanthan gum, stir to combine. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Cook a few minutes more, stirring occasionally, until the soup begins to thicken.
- Stir in the chopped cilantro.
- Serve with chopped avocado if desired.
- Nutrition does not include the avocado