My creamed spinach is super easy to make using frozen ingredients just to keep life simple! Spinach combined with a rich creamy sauce is the perfect way to add some flavor to those sometimes boring greens. This is such a good keto side dish to accompany a nice juicy steak!
Creamed spinach is such a classic recipe. It is the perfect easy side dish and you can usually find it on a steak house menu. So what about classic creamed spinach is not keto? You would think it would be just spinach and cream!
Most restaurant or store bought creamed spinach is made with a white sauce. This starts with butter and flour, and then milk is whisked in. They might also add some cheese to the mix.
My recipe for keto creamed spinach starts with onion sautéed in butter, then we add in the garlic and frozen spinach. We finish it off with cream cheese and parmesan cheese.
It's such an easier version and is super flavorful and creamy.
Fresh or frozen spinach
This recipe uses 24 ounces of spinach. That would require the same amount whether you used fresh or frozen. That is a lot of fresh spinach!!! Most bags of spinach are 6 ounces and large bags are 10 ounces. If you buy frozen, you would be buying lass packaging, and the cook time will be much less.
You are going to love this easy keto creamed spinach!
Checkout these other great keto recipes:
Keto Creamed Spinach - 15 minutes!
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- ½ cup Chopped onions
- 4 ounces Cream cheese
- 24 ounces Frozen chopped spinach
- 2 cloves Minced garlic
- ½ cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and continue to cook until the onions are softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Turn up your heat to medium-high and add your bag of frozen spinach. Stirring occasionally to thaw and release some of the water, about 5 minutes.
- When your spinach is thawed and the liquid is cooked down, turn your heat back down to medium. Next add your cream cheese, continually stirring to melt evenly. Lastly add your parmesan cheese, stir just until cheese is melted. Serve.
NUTRITION PER SERVING
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.