Avocado on toast is all the rage right now. I mean people are spending $8 a pop for this trendy little open faced sandwich. That is just crazy! This version is easy to make at home any day of the week and is low carb and gluten free. It’s the perfect low carb mom lunch. Yay!
After making this yummy low carb snack, I realized it is very filling! I am officially calling this a low carb mom lunch. I’ve even added a new category to my site that includes all of that low carb food that our husbands and kids wouldn’t dare touch. They are packed with yummy veggies and lots of green things. These are the things I like to eat for lunch. What about you?
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
The bread for avocado on toast is usually not anything special, but I wanted to amp up the flavors of mine. I used cloud bread as my bread layer and I added coriander and garlic powder to the mix to make it extra yummy. Those flavors really compliment the avocado!
I always forget how easy cloud bread is to make until after I make it. The only thing that keeps me from making it more often is that I have to pull out my stand mixer. I seriously need to invest in a hand mixer asap!
You don’t have to use cloud bread for this recipe. You could use any low carb bread that you like. Do you have a favorite recipe that you use? Please let me know in the comments! I am always on the hunt for a really good bread recipe.
- 3 eggs , divided
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Swerve Sweetener
- pinch of salt
- 1 Large Avocado
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup of blue cheese crumbles
- 6 slices of thick cut bacon , cooked then crumbled
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Microwave the cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl for 10 seconds to soften it. Add coriander, garlic powder, egg yolks, swerve, and salt to the cream cheese and mix to combine.
- With a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar until they have stiff peaks.
- Fold the cream cheese mixture into the egg whites gently so the whites do not deflate.
- On a lined baking sheet, spoon the mixture into 6 rounds.
Bake in the middle of the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the bread is lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool.
Toast the bread in the toaster until it is crisp
- Remove the peel and seed from the avocado. Mash the avocado with a fork then add the lime juice and salt. Mix to combine.
- Smear 1/4 of the avocado mixture onto a piece of cloud bread, season with pepper, then add crumbled bacon and blue cheese.
The cloud bread can be stored in the refrigerator in an uncovered bowl or bag. This cloud bread recipe was adapted from this recipe here.