Keto Shepherd's Pie is the meaty casserole you remember your grandma making with a low carb make-over! Great way to use that leftover meat and veggies in your fridge! Pair with my Instant Pot Mashed Cauliflower to make this the best recipe for your family keto table! So much meaty, savory flavors packed into one keto casserole skillet!
Related: I get all of my grass fed beef and pasture raised chicken from Butcher Box. Read my honest review here.
When you think of casseroles, Shepard's Pie has always been a classic!
Now you can have that classic recipe you love with a low carb make-over!
Sit down at your family table tonight with a healthy casserole the whole family will love!
Let's get started!
HOW TO MAKE KETO SHEPHERD'S PIE
First thing you will need to do is in a large pot steam 1 large head of cauliflower until very tender!
Once you get that started you'll need to pre-heat your oven to 400f.
Now, heat the avocado oil in a large oven safe skillet over medium heat.
Add in the onion and carrots and cook until the carrots are tender.
About 10 minutes.
Now add in the ground beef and continue to cook until the ground beef is cooked through.
Make sure to drain any fat from the beef.
Season the beef with the steak seasoning to taste and add in the tomato paste and the beef broth.
Let simmer for 5 minutes.
Now add the steamed cauliflower, butter and heavy cream to a blender or food processor.
Make sure to blend until smooth!
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Spoon the mashed cauliflower on top of the beef mixture and smooth out the top.
Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is just starting to brown and the sauce is bubbling.
So much flavor for the whole family with this Keto Shepard's Pie skillet casserole recipe! Yummy!
Like this keto friendly dinner? Check out my other recipes for Keto Meat Lover's Pizza Casserole, Keto Shrimp and Cheesy Grits or The Best Baked Spaghetti Squash and Chicken Casserole!
⭐ Did you make this Keto Shepherd's Pie Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Keto Shepherd's Pie
For the meat filling:
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- ½ cup Chopped onion
- 2 Carrots, Peeled and Diced
- 1 pound Ground beef
- Montreal Steak Seasoning to taste
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup beef broth
For the Cauliflower Mash:
- 1 large Head Cauliflower, steamed until very tender
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese
- First you need to steam 1 head of Cauliflower until very tender. I do this in a large pot with a lid and a steamer basket. add 1 cup of water under the steamer basket and keep the temp medium low.
- Pre-heat the oven 400F.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large oven safe skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the onion and carrots and cook until the carrots are tender.
- About 10 minutes.
- Add in the ground beef and continue to cook until the ground beef is cooked through.
- Drain any fat from the beef and discard the fat.
- Season the beef with the steak seasoning to taste and add in the tomato paste and the beef broth.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the steamed cauliflower, butter and heavy cream to a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the mashed cauliflower on top of the beef mixture and smooth out the top.
- Now top with the cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until cheese is just starting to brown and the sauce is bubbling.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
NUTRITION PER SERVING
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.