HOW TO MAKE KETO STRAWBERRY CRISP
Lets get started!
First, you need to prepare my keto granola recipe. It is super delicious and we are going to use this for our crumble topping!
This easy crumble topping requires walnuts, pecans, almonds, sesame seeds, chia seeds, almond flour, cinnamon, coconut oil or butter, and low carb sweetener.
For this keto strawberry crisp, I like to use frozen strawberries. If using whole frozen strawberries, cut in half. If you have larger strawberries you may need to cut them into quarters.
We need to let the strawberries thaw and make sure you drain off any of the excess liquid.
Next, you will need to heat a medium oven safe skillet over medium heat and add the strawberries and the sweetener. Let that simmer for 10 minutes to thicken. Stir occasionally to keep the strawberries from sticking to the bottom.
Once you’re finished simmering your strawberries, top with keto granola and bake in the oven at 400F for 10 minutes.
And just like that you have an old fashioned dessert without all the carbs!
Serve with whipped cream or keto friendly ice cream. Looks delicious!
⭐ Did you make Keto Strawberry Crisp Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Keto Strawberry Crisp
- Prepare one recipe of keto granola and set aside. Pre-heat the oven to 400F
Prepare the Strawberries
- If using whole strawberries, cut into halves and larger strawberries cut into quarters.
- Drain off any excess liquid.
- Heat a medium oven safe skillet over medium heat. I used cast iron.
- Add in strawberries and sweetener.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes to thicken. Stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and top the strawberries with keto granola. Bake in the oven at 400F for 10 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream or keto friendly ice cream.
- Low Carb Sweetener: I like to use granular Swerve or Lakanto which is a 1 for 1 substitute for sugar.
- Frozen or Fresh Strawberries: I prefer frozen strawberries for this recipe but fresh can be use. Cut the fresh strawberries into quarters and let them sit in a large bowl with the sweetener for about 10-15 minutes so they can start to release some liquid. Add them to the skillet and let them simmer until they are soft.