A delicious low carb lasagna made right in your air fryer. So much flavor and ready to eat in no time at all!
Related: I get all of my grass fed beef and pasture raised chicken from Butcher Box. Read my honest review here.
You are going to love this Air Fryer Lasagna from Urvashi Pitre’s new cookbook “Every Day Easy Air Fryer, 100 Recipes Bursting with Flavor.” Urvashi is the blogger behind the popular blog Two Sleevers.
Once again, Just like in my previous post on Pumpkin Curry Soup, this cookbook has amazing photos. I love to look at beautiful food photos!
A lasagna is not something I would normally make in an Air Fryer…but I think this recipe, and Air Fryers in general, are perfect for people who like to cook, but don’t have access to an oven. I’m thinking this would be especially helpful for a young adult in college or older individuals.
To get started with this Air Fryer Lasagna, mix ground beef with marinara, celery, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper. Smooth out the top and place in the air fryer. cook at 375F for 10 minutes or until an internal meat thermometer reads 160F.
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Now we need to mix together the ingredients for the topping. This includes ricotta, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese, eggs, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Spread that on top of the meat mixture and cook for 10 minutes more.
The lasagna gets browned and bubbly and is packed with flavor. I hope you pick up the cookbook because it is filled with scrumptious recipes. There are lots that are low carb!
Cheesy Low-Carb Lasagna
For the Meat Layer
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound 85% Lean ground beef
- 1 Cup prepared marinara sauce
- 1/4 Cup diced celery
- 1/4 Cup diced red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- kosher salt and pepper
For the Cheese Layer
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 Cup shredded cheese, divided
- 1/2 Cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- For the meat layer: Grease a 7.5 inch barrel cake pan (see note) with 1 teaspoon olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, marinara, celery, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper. Place the seasoned meat in the pan.
- Place the pan in the air fryer basket, set the air to 375F for 10 minutes.
- For the Cheese Layer: In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, half the mozzarella, parmesan, lightly beaten eggs, italian seasoning, and minced garlic. Stir until well blended.
- At the end of the cooking time, spread the cheese mixture over the meat mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella. Set the air fryer to 375F for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is browned and bubbling.
- At the end of the cooking time, use a meat thermometer to ensure the meat has reached an internal temperature of 160F.
- Drain the fat and liquid form the pan. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- I used a 24 ounce round Corningware dish which increased my cook time by 10 minutes.