Amazing Chicken Rollatini-Thin sliced chicken breast with ham and Swiss. Rolled up, seared, and served with a creamy mushroom sauce. It is an Italian dish perfect for entertaining.
Related: I get all of my grass fed beef and pasture raised chicken from Butcher Box. Read my honest review here.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN ROLLATINI
This recipe seems intimidating but it really comes together fast!
To start with this easy recipe for chicken rollatini, we first take two chicken breasts and slice each one in half lengthwise and pound thin with a meat mallet.
Now we season each chicken cutlet generously with salt and pepper.
Top each cutlet with on slice of ham followed by 1/4 cup of Swiss cheese.
Roll each chicken breast from one end to the other and secure with a toothpick.
Next, heat the avocado oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
Brown each chicken breast on all sides until the internal meat thermometer reads 165F. Remove the chicken from the pan.
Now we can work on the sauce in the same skillet.
Reduce the heat of the skillet to medium and add the mushrooms. Sauté until the mushrooms are soft. This will take about 5 minutes.
Add in the garlic and chicken broth scraping any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
Add in the heavy cream and let simmer until thickened.
Remove the toothpicks from the chicken rollatini and slice into rounds. Serve with mushroom sauce on top.
Doesn’t that look amazing!
Did you make this Chicken Rollatini Recipe? Use #lowcarbwithjennifer on Instagram for a chance to be featured!
Amazing Chicken Rollatini
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Cup Shredded Swiss Cheese
- 4 Slices Thin Ham
- 2 Tablespoon avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- 8 Ounces Sliced Baby Bella mushrooms
- 4 Cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped Parsley for garnish
- 4 toothpicks
- Slice each chicken breast in half lengthwise and pound thin with the meat mallet.
- Season each chicken cutlet generously with salt and pepper.
- Top each cutlet with one slice of ham follwed by 1/4 cup of Swiss cheese.
- Roll each chicken breast from one end to the other and secure with a toothpick.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Brown each chicken breast on all sides until the internal meat thermometer reads 165F.
- Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Reduce the heat of the skillet to medium and add the mushrooms. Sauté until the mushrooms are soft, about five minutes. Add in the garlic and saute' 1 minute more.
- Add in the heavy cream and let simmer until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the tootpicks from the chicken and slice into rounds. Serve with mushroom sauce on top and chopped parsley (optional).
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
- To cut the chicken in half lengthwise - place one hand flat on top of a chicken breast and, holding your knife parallel to the cutting board, slice it horizontally from the thick end to the thin end.
- Avocado Oil - Better for searing as it has a higher smoke point than olive oil or butter.
- Checking for Doneness - To properly check the meats internal temperature, you need to check the temperature of the center of the meat.
- Nutrition - Calculated based on 12 ounces of chicken breast used for entire recipe and 1/4th of sauce per person.