This Chicken Mushroom and Cauliflower Rice Recipe is a one skillet dish that is loaded with juicy chicken breast, some of my favorite veggies and flavor!
I love to use frozen cauliflower rice for even more ease in keto cooking. I use it in this recipe and also in my loaded cauliflower rice casserole recipe and garlic butter shrimp with cauliflower rice.
Keto Cauliflower Rice Recipe
When I find a recipe that uses rice, almost always it is an easy swap for cauliflower rice to make it keto. You can use frozen, or you can make your own using a whole head of cauliflower. This simple swap saves so many carbs.
Can I use chicken thighs instead of breasts?
Yep! Boneless skinless chicken thighs would be great in this recipe because they are juicy and fattier. They would increase the calories and fat a bit, but there is nothing wrong with that...especially since this recipe is on the lighter side!
Meal prep this recipe
This recipe is so simple to meal prep! I like to divide it evenly into 4 meal prep containers and then I have lunch or dinner for 4 days. You could even freeze this recipe for up to a few months in freezer safe containers.
I hope you enjoy this Chicken Mushroom and cauliflower rice recipe. Here at Low Carb with Jennifer we aim to deliver family friendly low carb and keto recipes that are easy to make with ingredients found in most grocery stores. No crazy ingredients here! If you are interested in more keto friendly recipes, I have a cookbook that is now available! You can find that here: Jenniferbanz.com/ketocookbook
Chicken, Mushrooms, and Cauliflower Rice Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 stalks Celery, diced
- ½ cup Shredded carrots
- 8 ounces Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1 ½ Pounds Chicken Breast, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 10 Ounces frozen cauliflower rice
- salt and pepper
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the diced celery and shredded carrots. Cook for 5-8 minutes or until translucent.
- Stir in the sliced mushrooms, salt, and dried thyme. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken breast chunks and cook for about 8 minutes. Stir in your cauliflower rice, stirring to mix all your ingredients. Once cooked through, season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.