HOW TO MAKE KETO BEEF AND BROCCOLI
To start with this easy recipe, all we need is 20 minutes and a handful of ingredients which are thinly cut steak, soy sauce, low carb sweetener, minced garlic, ginger, avocado oil, xanthan gum, beef broth, and broccoli florets.
First we brown the thinly sliced steak in avocado oil over high heat. We want to make sure we get the pieces nice and browned for extra flavor.
Start with a little oil in the hot skillet and add in the beef.
After the steak is browned, remove it from the pan to a bowl or plate and set aside.
Now we can start to cook our broccoli. I used florets that were pre-cut, you could also use frozen florets if you want!
Add a little more oil to the pan and cook the broccoli over medium heat until it is fork tender. This will take about 10 minutes.
Now we can add in all of the good stuff to bring it all together. That would be soy sauce, minced garlic, ginger, beef broth and low carb sweetener.
SERVING BEEF AND BROCCOLI STIR FRY
This keto beef and broccoli stir fry recipe is perfect served over steamed or fried cauliflower rice. Follow my tutorial for cauliflower rice here.
Did you make this Keto Beef and Broccoli stir fry Recipe? Use #lowcarbwithjennifer on Instagram for a chance to be featured!
Easy Keto Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
- In a large skillet over high heat, add 1 tablespoons avocado oil. Add in the thinkly sliced steak and brown on both sides. Remove from pan to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add in 1 tablespoon avocado oil. Add in the broccoli florets and sauté' until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the steak back to the pan with the broccoli. Add in the soy sauce, swerve, garlic, ginger, broth, and xanthan gum. Stir to combine and let thicken for a few minutes.
- Serve with cauliflower rice.
- Thinly Sliced Steak - You can use any steak you like, just keep in mind cheaper cuts will be more tough than more expensive cuts. I would go with a sirloin and cut against the grain.
- Low Carb Sweetener - This recipe works with any sugar free sweetener that is a one for one replacement for sugar. I like to use Swerve or Lakanto which is a monk fruit sweetener.
- Ginger Paste - This ingredient is found in most grocery stores in the produce section. I like it for it's convenience, but if you want to avoid the added ingredients, you can also use fresh minced ginger
- Xanthan Gum - This is an ingredient that thickens and emulsifies. A keto friendly substitute for cornstarch.