These keto apple cider donut muffins are made with coconut flour or almond flour. You are going to love how they taste just like apple muffins but without the apples!
I finally got around to making a coconut flour version of a muffin! I am excited to update all of my muffin recipes with a coconut flour version because there are so many people who are allergic to almonds.
This recipe can use almond flour or coconut flour. They are apple cider muffins, but they contain no apples! We are using apple extract which can be found on Amazon. I will link to what I used in the recipe card below.
You can just call me the keto muffin queen because this is the 11th muffin I have created. You can find all of the other recipes in my keto muffin section.
I love muffins because they are so easy to make a freeze. I always have muffins in my freezer ready to pull out for a quick keto friendly breakfast.
These mix up so quickly and then we bake them in sprayed muffin liners.
After they are finished baking, we let them cool for a few minutes and then we sprinkle the tops with some extra sweetener and cinnamon.
They are so good and taste just like an apple cider donut!
You will definitely want to check out these other keto recipes:
Keto Apple Cider Donut Muffins
- 1 Cup Coconut Flour (or 2.5 cups almond flour)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¾ Cup Granular Sweetener (Click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- ½ teaspoon Ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 4 Large Eggs, Beaten (3 eggs if using almond flour)
- 8 ounces Greek Yogurt
- ½ teaspoon Apple Extract
- ¼ Cup Granular Sweetener (Click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F and line a 12 cup muffin pan with liners. Spray the inside of the liners with cookign spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut flour, baking soda, salt, sweetener, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Now mix in the rest of the wet ingredients.
- Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin liners. Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes
- Combine the topping ingredients and sprinkle evenly over all of the muffins. Serve.
- Almond flour nutrition: 169 Calories / 14g fat / 5g carbs / 3g fiber
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.
I was hesitant to make these after reading the comments, but decided to give it a go anyway. I measured all the ingredients precisely and the batter/dough was quite thick. I added a half cup of heavy cream and a half cup of water along with an additional half teaspoon of the apple extract. The batter was still pretty thick but I put it in the muffin cups and baked it at 400 ° for 21 minutes. They are pretty crumbly, but taste great. Probably will not be a repeat for me tho. Going to try the Lemon Pound Cake Muffins next.
Geri Marchitto says
I made these muffins today using the coconut flour. The batter was almost like a cookie batter. The muffins did not rise and were very dry. Very disappointing. I was going to ask if possibly there was some other liquid ingredient missing. They looked nothing like the photo above.
Think I will try the recipe again with the almond flour.
Sorry to hear that. Coconut flour is so temperamental, that's why I usually write all of my recipes with almond flour
Az Anna says
The mixture was more like dough than batter, very dry. I followed the recipe exactly. I used the coconut flour. The muffins taste ok, but they're very dry.
What could I substitute the apple extract? Would Apple Cider Vinegar work?
DONNA FAYE TILLADA GALICIA says
i live in the suburbs and they never sell yogurt here .. can I use sourcream instead? i made a DIY one
Yes, sour cream will work
Made these today. Delicious! Thank you for sharing a great recipe.
I'm struggling a bit with a cooling type of feeling when I use the Lakanto monkfruit sweetener. Any other that you'd recommend in addition to your favorite?
Full fat Greek yogurt for these muffins?
Yes or 2%. I usually use Fage 2% Plain Greek Yogurt