These keto apple cider donut muffins are made with coconut flour or almond flour. You are going to love how they taste just like apple muffins but without the apples!
I finally got around to making a coconut flour version of a muffin! I am excited to update all of my muffin recipes with a coconut flour version because there are so many people who are allergic to almonds.
This recipe can use almond flour or coconut flour. They are apple cider muffins, but they contain no apples! We are using apple extract which can be found on Amazon. I will link to what I used in the recipe card below.
You can just call me the keto muffin queen because this is the 11th muffin I have created. You can find all of the other recipes in my keto muffin section.
I love muffins because they are so easy to make a freeze. I always have muffins in my freezer ready to pull out for a quick keto friendly breakfast.
These mix up so quickly and then we bake them in sprayed muffin liners.
After they are finished baking, we let them cool for a few minutes and then we sprinkle the tops with some extra sweetener and cinnamon.
They are so good and taste just like an apple cider donut!
You will definitely want to check out these other keto recipes:
Keto Apple Cider Donut Muffins
- 1 Cup Coconut Flour (or 2.5 cups almond flour)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3/4 Cup Granular Sweetener (Click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 4 Large Eggs, Beaten (3 eggs if using almond flour)
- 8 ounces Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon Apple Extract
- 1/4 Cup Granular Sweetener (Click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F and line a 12 cup muffin pan with liners. Spray the inside of the liners with cookign spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut flour, baking soda, salt, sweetener, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Now mix in the rest of the wet ingredients.
- Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin liners. Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes
- Combine the topping ingredients and sprinkle evenly over all of the muffins. Serve.
- Almond flour nutrition: 169 Calories / 14g fat / 5g carbs / 3g fiber