These keto appetizers will be a low carb fan favorite this football season! This buttery shrimp with savory bacon is not your average finger food! This creamy guacamole appetizer will be the top pick for a crowd at the football watch party! They'll never know it's keto friendly!
With fall comes football! I have the perfect keto friendly buttery shrimp and savory bacon appetizer!
This keto/low carb appetizer will be the top pick of all your football watch parties!
With all these flavorful and rich ingredients.. its sure to be a keto favorite!
HOW TO MAKE THESE EASY KETO APPETIZERS
Let's get started!
We need to get all of our components ready to assembles.
First take your seven slices of cooked bacon and cut into ⅓rds.
Now take your one cucumber roughly 10 inches long and cut into ½ inch slices.
FOR THE GUACAMOLE:
Add all the ingredients for the guacamole to a food processor and pulse until all combined.
You want to make sure to be just a little chunky.
FOR THE SHRIMP:
Season both sides of the shrimp with salt, pepper and cumin.
Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
Sear the shrimp on both sides until no longer opaque.
Remove the skillet from the heat and set aside.
Lay out the cucumber slices on a platter and season with salt.
Top with one slice of bacon followed by a spoonful of guacamole.
Finish off with shrimp and secure with a toothpick. We stuck the toothpick right in the center of the shrimp. If you try to put the toothpick through the shrimp, guacamole will get squeezed out and mess up your keto appetizers!
See! I told you that this recipe wasn't your average finger food! Looks Yummy!
Like this keto/low carb snack? Check out my recipes for Crispy Chili-Lime Spiced Air Fryer Chickpeas, Crockpot Cheese Dip or Ham Roll Ups!
⭐ Did you make this Keto Shrimp Guacamole Bacon Appetizer Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Keto Shrimp Guacamole Bacon Appetizers
For the Guacamole:
- 2 Small avocados
- ½ Cup Minced red onion
- ½ Lime, juiced
- ⅓ Cup Fresh cilantro lightly packed
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
For the Shrimp:
- 10 ounces Large raw shrimp peeled and deveined, yields 20 shrimp
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Cumin
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 7 Slices bacon, cooked until crisp and cut into thirds
- 1 10 inch Cucumber, cut ½ inch slices
- Food Processor
Make the Guacamole
- Add all the ingredients for the guacamole to a food processor and pulse until all combined.You want the guacamole to be a little chunky. Taste for seasoning and adjust to your taste.
Cook the Shrimp
- Season both sides of the shrimp with salt, pepper, and cumin. Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Sear the shrimp on both sides until no longer opaque.Remove the skillet from the heat and set aside.
Assemble the Keto Appetizers:
- Lay out the cucumber slices on a platter and season with salt. Top with one slice of bacon followed by a spoonful of guacamole.Finish off with a shrimp and secure with a toothpick.
- We stuck the toothpick right in the center of the shrimp. If you try to put the toothpick through the shrimp, guacamole will get squeezed out and mess up your keto appetizers!
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.
T. L. Horse says
Prep time 20 minutes? It took me 2 hours but maybe I'm slow. Turned out GREAT!!!! I stuck the toothpick all the way through the meaty portion of the shrimp, and then stuck it in the rest of the stuff.
Super yummy. Takes a little while longer to make. Les guacamole definitely helps from not getting SO messy when eating but this app is YUMMY