These chili lime spiced air fryer chickpeas are super cripsy ( much crispier than chickpeas cooked in the oven), healthy and Weight watchers friendly too!
HOW TO MAKE SUPER CRIPSY AIR FRYER CHICKPEAS
Before you get started you want to make sure the chickpeas are rinsed and drained. Then pat them dry with paper towels.
Now we need to add the seasonings to the chickpeas. The seasonings we’re going to use are: chili powder, cumin, lime zest and salt.
You really could use any seasonings you like, though!
Dump all the seasonings and the chickpeas into a bowl and mix.
To prep the air fryer, you want to make sure and line the bottom of the air fryer with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
Now we can dump the chickpeas into the air fryer and cook at 400F for 17 minutes.
Be sure to open the basket and shake the chickpeas every few minutes for even cooking.
To keep these air fryer chickpeas crispy, let them cool completely and store in a zip-top bag.
⭐ Did you make this Crispy Air Fryer Chickpeas Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Crispy Chili-Lime Spiced Air Fryer Chickpeas
- Add the Chickpeas to a medium-size bowl and mix with the chili powder, cumin, lime zest and salt.
- Line the bottom of your air fryer with foil and spray with cooking spray. Place the chickpeas on top of the foil and cook in the air fryer at 400F for 17 minutes.
- Open the air fryer periodically and shake the chickpeas to ensure even cooking.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
- You can use these seasoning I have listed in the recipe above or you can use any that you like.
- This air fryer method for crispy chickpeas was so much better than roasting in the oven (which takes an hour!). These are extra crispy!
- I don't worry with peeling the skins off of the chickpeas...actually, they crisp up and are delicious!
- I found that these stayed crispy by storing them in a zip-top bag.