This turkey chili might be healthy, but it is super easy and full of flavor! Best of all, it can be made in the Crockpot, Instant pot, or stove top and it is zero Weight Watchers points!
I love any kind of chili (except really spicy chili) and this Healthy Turkey Chili is so good! I took my recipe for Keto Chili without Beans and I adapted it to be zero Weight Watchers points!
This turkey chili uses 2 pounds of ground turkey and 1 can of kidney beans to really bulk it up and make it nice and hearty.
HOW TO MAKE HEALTHY TURKEY CHILI
To get started we need to use a heavy bottom pot with a lid. I like to use a cast iron dutch oven. Add in the avocado oil and the diced red pepper and onion to soften in the pan. this takes about 8 minutes. Often times I use frozen diced onion as a time saver.
Now we can add in the ground turkey and the garlic and sauté until the turkey is cooked through.
Now we can add in the rest of the ingredients which are chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, smoked paprika, crushed tomatoes, and the beans.
I like to let my chili simmer, covered, for at least an hour to let the flavors come together. I think this is especially important with turkey chili so the flavors can really get into that bland turkey meat.
Can you believe this healthy turkey chili is zero points and it is so filling!
INSTANT POT AND CROCKPOT TURKEY CHILI
This healthy turkey chili can also be made in the Instant Pot and the Crockpot. See the recipe card for more details.
Did you make this healthy turkey chili recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Healthy Turkey Chili (Zero WW Points!)
- 1/2 Tablespoon avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 Red bell pepper, diced
- 2 Pounds Ground Turkey (99% Lean)
- 6 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 2 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 1 Tablespoons Cumin
- 2 Tablespoons Smoked Paprika
- 1 28oz Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce Can kidney beans, drained
- kosher salt to taste
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a heavy bottom pot. Add in the onion and red pepper and saute until softened, about 8 minutes.
- Add in the ground turkey and the garlic and cook the turkey until it is cooked through.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients and season with salt to taste.
- Let simmer, covered, for 1 hour to let the flavors develop. Serve
- Crockpot: Add all ingredients to the crockpot (omit oil), and stir to combine. Add in 1 teaspoon of salt and stir. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. Season with salt to taste and serve.
- Instant Pot: add all of the ingredients to the instant pot (breaking up the ground turkey) with 1 cup of water, seal the lid, and cook on hi pressure for 15 minutes, followed by a 10 minute natural pressure release. Release the rest of the pressure with a quick release, season with salt to taste, and serve.