This recipe might be super easy and only require 5 ingredients, but this Pesto Salmon is like a flavor bomb. If you are looking for a super flavorful weeknight dinner that is also healthy, you are in the right place!
I have a few other easy salmon recipes that you should definitely check out:
- Lemon Pepper Baked Salmon
- Pan Seared Salmon with Avocado Salsa
- Baked Salmon Patties
- Baked Salmon in Foil
- Baked Salmon Salad
My favorite way to cook salmon lately is to broil it. Let me show you how I do it!
HOW TO MAKE PESTO SALMON AND VEGGIES
We start by selecting the salmon. I used boneless skinless salmon but you could use salmon with the skin still on if you like. My salmon filets were pre-portioned to about 4 ounces each. Season each side of the salmon with salt and pepper and set aside.
To prep our veggies, we slice the zucchini and yellow squash into 1/2 inch thick coins. If you want, you can use an extra zucchini instead of the yellow squash. We also slice the red bell pepper into rings.
Lay them out in a large sheet pan and season with salt and pepper.
Now we lay the salmon filets on top of the veggies and spoon 2 tablespoons of prepared pesto on top of each filet. We are ready to broil!
I know broiling anything in the oven can be scary but you shouldn’t worry! The most important thing is that we keep an eye on the oven.
For this pesto salmon recipe, we need to keep the rack in the middle. This will keep our pesto from burning before the salmon is fully cooked.
I set the oven to HI broil and I place the sheet pan on the center rack. after about 8-10 minutes, the salmon should be perfectly cooked and the veggies will start to brown a bit.
The salmon will flake with a fork and the pesto will be an explosion of flavor in your mouth!
Did you make this Pesto Salmon Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Easy Pesto Salmon and Veggies
- 4 4 ounce Boneless, skinless Salmon Filets
- 2 Zucchini, sliced 1/2 inch coins
- 1 Yellow squash, sliced 1/2 inch coins
- 1 Red Bell pepper, sliced into rings
- 8 Tablespoons Prepared Pesto
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the broiler (HI) of your oven and leave the rack in the middle.
- Season both sides of the salmon with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the zucchini, squash, and red bell pepper on a large sheet pan and season with salt and Pepper to taste. Spread evenly in the pan. Place the salmon on top of the veggies.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of pesto on top of each piece of salmon, spreading in a even layer. Place in the oven to broil. Watch closely. When the vegetables start to brown around the edges, the salmon should be ready. This should take about 8-10 minutes.
- If you want, you can use and extra zucchini instead of the yellow squash.