Lemon pepper is such a classic seasoning that I am sure we all grew up on. This Lemon Pepper Baked Salmon Recipe is an easy and flavorful meal that’s naturally low carb and keto friendly. The bright flavors of the lemon really make the baked salmon pop!
HOW TO MAKE LEMON PEPPER SALMON
I love baking salmon in the oven because it is so quick and easy. That is why I chose to bake this lemon pepper salmon as opposed to cooking it in a skillet.
Before we pop this salmon in the oven, we need to make the lemon pepper seasoning. I know we have all seen the lemon pepper seasoning in the store, but this baked salmon uses fresh cracked black pepper, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic powder, oil, butter, and parsley.
The combination of these flavors cannot be beat!
I mixed the lemon juice, butter, oil, parsley, garlic powder, and lemon zest in a small bowl, then used a basting brush to brush one side of the salmon, followed by a generous seasoning of salt and pepper.
Repeat this step on the other side of the salmon as well.
Now we bake the salmon skin side down in a 400F oven for 8-10 minutes depending on the thickness of your salmon.
I topped mine with a little more fresh parsley and lemon juice.
BAKED SALMON RECIPE – WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
⭐ Did you make this Lemon Pepper Baked Salmon Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Lemon Pepper Baked Salmon
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, foil, or a silicone baking mat. Place the salmon filets on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl mix together the lemon zest and juice, garlic powder, avocado oil butter, and parsley.
- Using a basting brush, coat one side of the salmon with the lemon mixture and then season with salt and pepper. Repeat for the other side.
- Bake in the 400F oven for 8-10 minutes, depending on the thickness of your salmon. If the salmon has skin, bake skin side down.
- Remove from the oven and serve.