I actually had someone ask me if I was tired of eating cauliflower…and I’m not! I freaking love this stuff because it is so versatile! I cannot wait to utilize this amazing veggie more.
I’m channeling my inner Ina Garten with this Cauliflower Risotto. You guys watch her, right? I know I’m not the only one obsessed with Food Network personalities like her and my main BFF, Ree. We could all totally be BFF’s. Let’s all take a trip to the Merc, then drive down to Waco and meet up with Joanna at the Silos. Actually, I really just want a cupcake from Joanna’s bakery and some mac and cheese from the Merc. Oh wait, those aren’t low carb. Shucks.
But guess what is low carb guys…this cauliflower risotto!
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
I love leeks because they have a nice oniony flavor, but not too strong. If you’ve never cleaned leeks before, here is a good tutorial that I found on the interwebs. Those are some dirty suckers! You really want to make sure you get all of that dirt out of there so you don’t have dirt in your risotto!
I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but I have stated putting the nutrition info in my recipe cards! It is something I have been wanting to do and I finally found a nutrition card that I actually like! It doesn’t show sugar alcohols, unfortunately, so I will make sure and give you all of that info in the nutrition card. I want you to know how many carbs my recipes have without pulling out your calculator!
- Cut cauliflower into florets and put into a food processor. Pulse until the cauliflower resembles rice
- Cut each leek in half lengthwise, then cut into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Add 2 Tbsp butter, leeks and some salt to a skillet and sauté over medium for 5 minutes
- Add mushrooms to skillet and sauté for 5 minutes more or until soft
- Remove veggies from pan
- Add cauliflower, 2 tbsp of butter, and salt to skillet over medium heat. Stir together and cover with a lid. Let cook until soft, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir parmesan, broth, and cream into cauliflower
- add sautéed veggies and stir to combine.
- Season to taste
More cauliflower recipes!