Shrimp coated in a low carb parmesan batter, cooked to perfection, topped with mozzarella, and swimming in a delicious marinara sauce!
Everyone is familiar with the classic chicken parmesan...but have you heard of Shrimp Parmesan? Like chicken parmesan, shrimp parmesan is battered and fried, served with marinara sauce and topped with mozzarella.
But I did something to take this shrimp parmesan over the top...and it's low carb to boot. Instead of a breadcrumb coating, I used a parmesan cheese batter. You will not believe how easy and how tasty this batter is!
Some other tasty shrimp recipes on my website are Garlic Butter Shrimp with Cauliflower Rice and Egg Roll in a Bowl with Shrimp and Pork!
I have always shied away from making traditional chicken parmesan because it is so much work! Egg, then flour, then more egg, then breadcrumbs. So messy!
The coating on this shrimp parmesan recipe is 3 ingredients and you only need 1 bowl! So easy!
The 3 ingredients are beaten egg, parmesan cheese, and garlic powder. I mixed them all together to form a batter for my shrimp!
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
After I dipped each shrimp in the batter, I put them in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. The parmesan cheese and egg form a spectacular crust. It has so much flavor!
I could have eaten everyone of these shrimp, but then there would have been no shrimp parmesan...womp womp.
So for the shrimp parmesan, I poured a jar of Rao's Marinara in a cast iron skillet and let it heat over medium. Once it was heated through, I set the battered shrimp into the marinara. Then I topped each shrimp with about a tablespoon of shredded mozzarella cheese. I put the skillet under the broiler and let the cheese get melty and bubbly.
The finishing touch was more parmesan cheese and a little chopped fresh parsley. Serve with your favorite low carb pasta!
I love to keep a lot of grated parmesan cheese on hand! It comes in handy for my Garlic Parmesan Wings, and my Parmesan Zucchini and Corn!
- 12 Ounces Jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails removed optional)
- 2 large Eggs, beaten
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 32 ounce Jar Marinara (click here to see my favorite brand)
- ¾ Cup Shredded Mozzarella
- Grated Parmesan and chopped parsley for garnish
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat
- Mix the eggs, parmesan, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Dip each shrimp into the batter, coating all sides. Place the shrimp in the skillet and allow the egg and parmesan to form a crust, about 3 minutes. Flip and repeat on the other side.
- Remove shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- In a cast iron skillet, or any oven safe skillet, add the marinara sauce. Heat over medium until the sauce is heated through. Place the shrimp on top of the marinara sauce, then top each shrimp with one tablespoon of shredded mozzarella.
- Turn your broiler on HI and place the skillet under the broiler. Broil until the cheese melts and starts to brown. About 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from the broiler and top with grated parmesan and chopped fresh parsley for garnish. Serve with your favorite low carb pasta alternative.
Nutrition per serving
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.
⭐ Did you make this Shrimp Parmesan Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Lisa Fuchs says
Thank you! I made the shrimp Parmesan recipe. It was SO EASY and it tasted awesome.
I made this and the crust wasn’t as crispy as I’d hoped for. The shrimp was a bit eggy. It was good non the less.
The Shrimp Parmesan was the BOMB!! Easy to make, quick and the entire family LOVED it. I will definitely be making this again, thanks so much for sharing.
Made it waiting to put the cheese then I broil it in about 3 hours a go made it ahead of dinner My son Birthday dinner Looks wonderful
Easy recipe . Love the taste
I have made this several times, and every time we are delighted with just how delicious these shrimps are! Better than most restaurant meals. I am on a severely low-sodium diet, so instead of using a jarred marinara, I mixed some low-sodium pizza sauce with no-salt-added chopped San Marzano tomatoes and added a lot of no-salt-added Italian seasoning.
Awesome and fast thank you!!
Hands down this was one of the best low carb recipes that I have ever made. So simple and straightforward. My husband enjoyed this dish over spaghetti squash, I enjoyed it without any sides. Thank you so much for such an unbelievably delicious recipe and great instructions! I can’t wait to make this again.
Absolutely Delicious and easy to make. Iam hooked
Made this last night - followed recipe exactly- was DELICIOUS!!!!!! Will make again!
This looks delicious. Do you have the macros? Thanks.
I added them to the post
This was excellent so happy I found this recipe. Easy and tasty
Keto Recipes says
Super like and love this recipe. My best-loved shrimps and i like the idea of cheesy shrimps like this. The photo of this post tells the viewers how yummy the Shrimp Parmesan is. Looks so rich, creamy, seasoned well. I feel hungry seeing this post. Deliciously good!