I love making one skillet meals. They are perfect for busy weeknights without sacrificing flavor! This Artichoke Chicken Skillet recipe combines a restaurant favorite appetizer with juicy chicken breast for a creamy delight!
HOW TO MAKE ARTICHOKE CHICKEN SKILLET
Like all meat dishes, it is important to have the meat well seasoned. We don’t want bland chicken, do we? Cut the chicken breast lengthwise, then generously season both sides with salt and pepper.
I like to use avocado oil when I cooking on medium-high heat. Brown both chicken sides of the chicken breast for about three minutes. Then set aside until a little later.
Be sure not to overcook or burn the veggies, so turn the heat to medium then add the onions and red bell pepper. I like to wait until onion is translucent and bell peppers soft, so about five minutes. Add minced garlic and artichoke hearts, then sauté for a few more minutes.
Add chicken broth and lemon juice to really kick up the flavor. You will want the liquid to simmer until it is half reduced. Then remove from heat. Add in heavy cream and parmesan.
The heat from the cast iron skillet will keep everything pretty hot for awhile. You don’t want to overcook your chicken, so wait until the parmesan is melted then add the chicken back to the pan. Now your dish is ready to be served!
Did you make this Artichoke Chicken Skillet Recipe? Use #lowcarbwithjennifer on Instagram for a chance to be featured!
Artichoke Chicken Skillet
- Cut chicken breast in half lengthwise and season both sides generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat avocado oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Brown both sides of chicken breast in skillet for three minutes on each side. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Reduce heat of skillet to medium. Add onions and red bell pepper. Sauté until soft, about five minutes.
- Add minced garlic and artichoke hearts. Sauté for a few minutes more.
- Add chicken broth and lemon juice. Let simmer until liquid is reduced by half. Remove from heat.
- Add in the heavy cream and parmesan. Stir until parmesan is melted.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and serve.