All of the flavors of a chicken Philly cheesesteak made keto friendly by stuffing it in a pepper! We use 4 peppers halves and stuff them full of provolone cheese, flavorful chicken and seasonings. So cheesy!
Related: I get all of my grass fed beef and pasture raised chicken from Butcher Box. Read my honest review here.
Stuffed peppers are a classic family favorite at dinner time. You are going to love my other stuffed pepper recipes that I have written!
- Click here for my Stuffed green peppers recipe – This one stuffs the peppers with Italian sausage, chopped mushrooms, and cauliflower rice.
- Click here for my Low Carb stuffed peppers that have cauliflower rice, Italian sausage, and cheddar cheese.
- Click here for my Philly cheesesteak stuffed peppers – They are stuffed with chunks of beef, onions, mushrooms and topped with provolone. So delicious!
To get started with this recipe, we first need to cut our peppers in half and clean out the seeds and the ribs.
We then place them in a skillet with a little water, cover them with a lid or foil, and bake them in a 350F oven for 15 minutes so they can start to soften.
While those are softening in the skillet we can prepare the filling. This consists of diced chicken breast, diced onion, diced green bell pepper, garlic, and salt and pepper. The full printable recipe is down below with all of the measurements.
We cook that in a pot over medium high heat with a little oil until the chicken is cooked through.
Now our peppers are soft so we can start assembling.
HOW WE MAKE THESE SUPER CHEESY
We start with a layer of the meat mixture in the cavity of each pepper, then we put a slice of cheese. This ensures that the cheese is evenly distributed through the chicken!
Now we put another layer of chicken and finally top with another slice of cheese.
These will bake in a 400F oven uncovered for 10 minutes. Just long enough to melt the cheese and make sure they are heated through.
CAN STUFFED PEPPERS BE MADE AHEAD AND FROZEN?
Freezing stuffed peppers really isn’t a good idea because the freezing process really breaks down the peppers then they become mushy. If you want to make them ahead, you could follow all of the steps up until the final bake, and then store them in the refrigerator for a up to 2 days ahead of time. Remove them from the refrigerator and bake them in a 400F oven for 20 minutes or until they are heated through.
WHAT IS A GOOD SIDE DISH FOR STUFFED PEPPERS?
A good side dish for this recipe would be a side salad or a sautéed vegetable like green beans or chopped zucchini.
DID YOU MAKE THIS CHICKEN PHILLY CHEESESTEAK STUFFED PEPPER RECIPE? TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN SEE @LOWCARBWITHJENNIFER
Chicken Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- 2 Colored Bell peppers
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- 2 6 ounce Chicken Breast, diced
- 1 Cup Diced onion
- 1/2 Cup Diced green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 8 Slices Provolone cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Slice the 2 colored bell peppers in half lengthwise and clean out any ribs and seeds. Place them in an oven safe skillet or casserole dish with 1/4 cup water. Cover with a lid or foil and bake in the oven for 15 minutes to soften. Remove from the oven for assembling.
- While the peppers are steaming, make your filling.Heat the oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add in the diced chicken, onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook until the chicken is cooked through. About 8 minutes. Taste for seasoning and add more salt to taste. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Assembling the stuffed peppers
- Increase the heat of the oven to 400F
- Place a large spoonful of the chicken mixture into the cavity of each pepper, followed by a slice of cheese. Top the peppers with the remaining chicken mixture, stuffing in as much as you can. Top with another slice of cheese.
- Bake in the oven on the center rack for 10 minutes to melt the cheese. Serve.
- CAN STUFFED PEPPERS BE MADE AHEAD AND FROZEN? - Freezing stuffed peppers really isn't a good idea because the freezing process really breaks down the peppers then they become mushy. If you want to make them ahead, you could follow all of the steps up until baking, and then store them in the refrigerator for a up to 2 days ahead of time. Remove them from the refrigerator and bake them in a 400F oven for 20 minutes or until they are heated through.
- WHAT IS A GOOD SIDE DISH FOR STUFFED PEPPERS? - A good side dish for this recipe would be a side salad or a sautéed vegetable like green beans or chopped zucchini.