Looking for something different at your keto table for dinner? Keto Beef Bulgogi is a classic Korean dish with tender steak marinated with mildly sweet, savory flavors. Pair with cauliflower rice and make this a perfect Korean inspired bowl! You'll be skipping ordering Korean take-out and dining at your low carb table instead!
Related: I get all of my grass fed beef and pasture raised chicken from Butcher Box. Read my honest review here.
I love Korean food!
Now I have the perfect Beef Bulgogi recipe that will have you ordering at your keto home instead!
Pair this tender marinated steak with cauliflower rice and make this a perfect Korean Bowl!
Let's get started!
HOW TO MAKE KETO BEEF BULGOGI
First you'll need to slice the steak very thinly with a sharp knife.
A little trick... you can make this a bit easier by freezing the steak for about 30 minutes before slicing.
Now, in a large bowl. Combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic and ginger.
Add in the thinly sliced steak and toast to coat.
You can now cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate for 2 hours.
Toss the steak with tongs occasionally to distribute the marinade evenly.
Now that you have your steak good and marinated, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
Cook the steak in 3-4 batches so you do not crowd the pan.
Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
If you need too, add more oil as needed and repeat with the remaining steak.
Serve and garnish with sesame seeds.
Want to make this a great Korean bowl? Add cauliflower rice to make this dish go over the top! Yummy!
⭐ Did you make this Keto Beef Bulgogi Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Keto Beef Bulgogi
- 1 ½ Pounds Boneless steak (sirloin or ribeye)
- ¼ Cup Soy Sauce or Coconut Aminos
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar Sweetener (Click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger paste
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil (Click here for my favorite brand on Amazon)
- 1 teaspoon Toasted sesame seeds
- Slice the steak very thinly with a sharp knife.
- You can make this a bit easier by freezing the steak for about 30 minutes before slicing.
- In a large bowl, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic and ginger.
- Add in the thinly sliced steak and toss to coat.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate for 2 hours.
- Toss the steak with tongs occasionally to distribute the marinade evenly.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the steak in 3-4 batches so you do not crowd the pan.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on eash side.
- Add more oil as needed and repeat with remaining steak.
- Serve garnished with the sesame seeds.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
NUTRITION PER SERVING
Nutrition is provided as a courtesy only. Please re-calculate on your own with the ingredients and amounts you used for the most accurate data.