Keto Crab Cakes is a delicious and impressive dinner minus all the carbs! This melt in your mouth, crispy, keto friendly crab cakes garnished with an easy, smoky remoulade sauce is the best of the best!
HOW TO MAKE KETO CRAB CAKES
Usually crab cakes are made with crackers or breadcrumbs. To make these keto, I used almond flour and you would never know!
First thing you will need to do is combine all the ingredients for your crab cakes into a large bowl and mix well.
The ingredients are beaten eggs, mayonnaise, dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, creole seasoning, celery, salt, fresh parsley, almond flour and lump crab meat.
Okay, now that’s done.. form into eight crab cake patties and set aside on a plate.
Next you will need to heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
You will need to cook the keto crab cakes for about six minutes on each side or until internal thermometer reads 165F.
Side note: You may need to cook them in two batches to avoid crowding in the pan.
While the crab cakes are cooking, mix all your ingredients for the remoulade in a small bowl.
The ingredients for the smoky remoulade are mayonnaise, dill pickle relish, dijon mustard, minced white onion, lemon juice, smoked paprika, dried dill weed, and salt and pepper.
This remoulade is so good, you will want to eat it on everything!
Remove the crab cakes from the skillet to a serving platter.
Garnish with remoulade sauce and enjoy this melt in your mouth flavor!
⭐ Did you make this Keto Crab Cakes with Smoky Remoulade Sauce Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer
Keto Crab Cakes with Smoky Remoulade
For the Crab Cakes
- 2 Large eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup Diced celery
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Pound lump crab meat
- 1/2 Cup almond flour (click here to see my favorite on Amazon)
For the Remoulade
- 1 Cup Mayonaise
- 3 Tablespoons Dill Pickle Relish
- 2 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Minced white onion
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients for the crab cakes in a large bowl and mix well.
- Form into eight crab cake patties and set aside on a plate.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the crab cakes for about six minutes on each side or until internal temp. thermometer reads 165F.
- For the remoulade sauce, mix all your ingredients in a small bowl.
- Remove the crab cakes from the skillet to a serving platter and garnish with remoulade sauce.
- Nutrition: For 2 crab cakes and 1/4th of the remoulade
- Creole Seasoning: Found at most grocery stores. Use your favorite!
- Lump Crab Meat: I purchased this in the seafood department of my local Kroger. It is on the expensive side so you could also buy it canned. You will find this in the same spot as canned tuna
- These keto crab cakes will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a few days...if they last that long!