This Low Carb Blueberry Crisp is unbelievably delicious and so easy to make! I was devouring this yummy blueberry crisp in less than 30 minutes!
There is just something about blueberries that makes my mouth water. Especially when they are sweetened, layered with a buttery and nutty topping, baked, and then doused in heavy cream. I really hope that would make anyones mouth water!
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
I always have the ingredients on hand to make this delectable low carb dessert. I use frozen blueberries, but fresh will be just as good, if not better! So I always have frozen organic blueberries, pecans, almond flour, butter (obviously), Swerve, and ground flax in my kitchen. Now if you don’t keep one of these on hand…like the ground flax, you could totally omit that. If you wanted to use a different nut instead of pecans, that would also be perfectly delicious!
Wouldn’t this be even more amazing with a big scoop of low carb ice cream on top? I’m a sucker for anything with ice cream…it is my weakness! I have a recipe for low carb strawberry cheesecake ice cream that is devine!
So I was wondering what the difference between a crisp and a crumble was so I googled it. Apparently they are pretty much the same thing so I went with the name low carb blueberry crisp for this recipe…but the topping is not THAT crispy. It is actually really nice because it is so buttery and then the butter melts and mixes with the blueberries and it is pure heaven.
Low Carb Blueberry Crisp
- 1 cup Blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup Pecan halves
- 1/8 cup Almond Meal/flour
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Granular Sweetener (Click here to see my favorite on Amazon) divided
- 1 tbsp Ground flax
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- Pre-heat the oven to 400FIn 2, 1 cup ramekins, add 1/2 cup blueberries and 1/2 tbsp swerve sweetener. Mix to combine.
- In a food processor, add pecans, almond flour, butter, 1 tbsp swerve sweetener, ground flax, cinnamon, vanilla, and kosher salt. Pulse until ingredients are combined.
- Spread the mixture on top of the blueberries. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake in the center of the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the topping becomes toasty brown. Serve with 1 tbsp heavy cream drizzled over top of each.
⭐ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!