It’s almost time for Mother’s Day and this recipe for low carb mini pavlovas will be sure to impress even your mother-in-law who has made sure everyone knows she is on a low carb diet (that will be me when I am a mother in law). You can also make it for your super sweet mother who loves anything you make. You can also make it for your kids. Just make it!
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
My inspiration behind this recipe stems from wanting to make something pretty…and delicious. Did I succeed? I think so! First of all, my daughter devoured one of these cute little low carb mini pavlovas…and guess who ate the rest? Me…in one
day morning. They were so good and easy to eat! Plus, they do not hold well, so I couldn’t let them go to waste now could I. I have no regrets.
When you eat these low carb mini pavlovas, please do not discard the mint leaf. It is essential to the deliciousness. If you have hesitation about eating a whole mint leaf, feel free to chop the mint and sprinkle it over the pavlovas. This variety of mint is called chocolate mint and I picked the plant up from Lowes. The smell is heavenly. I could seriously tape some to my upper lip and smell it all day. Is that weird?
If you’ve had pavlova made with sugar, I’m not going to lie, these are different. That’s just the nature of low carb foods folks. These have a different texture than a traditional pavlova. But, that’s okay because we can eat them guilt free! Let’s celebrate and eat the whole plate!
Low Carb Mini PavlovasPRINT RECIPE PIN RECIPE
- 4 Egg Whites , Room Temperature
- 6 Tbsp Powdered Sweetener (Click here to see my favorite) , divided
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- Sliced Strawberries , blueberries, and mint leaves for garnish
- Combine egg whites, 3 tbsp of Swerve, vanilla, cream of tartar, and salt and beat on high in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form
- Pipe or spoon mixture into 6 rounds onto a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake at 225F for 20 minutes
- Reduce oven temperature to 200F and bake for an additional 20 minutes
- Turn off oven and let sit until meringues are crisp
- Whip the heavy cream and 2 tbsp of Swerve on high until stiff peaks
- peel the Meringues off of the parchment
- Top with dollops of whipped cream, strawberries, blueberries, and mint
- Serve immediately