One of my favorite and easy meals is a burger. I love them all…beef burgers, turkey burgers, and even chicken burgers. Well. as long as they are flavorful! I put a lot of flavor into these Stuffed Burgers and you are going to love them!
I stuffed these all beef burgers with cheese and bacon. You can never go wrong with cheese and bacon! I used quesadilla cheese and I used my method for cooking bacon in the oven to get it nice and crispy: How to Cook Bacon in the Oven.
I started these stuffed burgers with 2.25 pounds of ground beef. This was enough to make 6 stuffed burgers.
I divided the meat into 12 equal balls, and then flattened them out into patties. Then I topped 6 of them with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and the bacon and cheese.
“As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”
Then I put a topper on top of the bacon and cheese and sealed the patties really well. this is imperative to having stuffed burgers that do not leak!
I then seasoned each side of the 6 stuffed burgers with more salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
I cooked these burgers all of the way through just because they were stuffed. Normally I cook my burgers medium.
I first seared each side of the burgers over medium-high heat, then I reduced the heat and covered the skillet with a lid to get them cooked all of the way through.
- Divide the ground beef 12 equal portions. Form each portion into a thin patty, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Season the tops of 6 of the patties with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Top each of the 6 patties with 1 ounce of the cheese and 1/2 slice of crumbled bacon.
- Place 1 of the remaining unseasoned burger patties on top of the cheese and bacon covered patties. Seal the edges thoroughly so the cheese doesn't seep out while cooking. Season each stuffed burger patty with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the avocado oil. sear the burgers on each side to form a crust. Reduce the heat to medium and cover the skillet. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the skillet and let rest for atlas 5 minutes. Serve with your favorite low carb burger toppings.
⭐ Did you make this Stuffed Burgers Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lowcarbwithjennifer